Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Not receiving device password email

Solved!

Not receiving device password email

Hi - I just upgraded to Spotify Premium, and I want to setup my iPhone and Sonos device to use it.  I saw that I needed to create a password, and to click on a set-device-password link to get started, which was supposed to send me an email to my registered email account.  However, I have not yet received this email.  My device username is 124507541 - I have checked spam folders, but nothing has come through, and I have tried this link several times.

Can someone tell me if Spotify is having a problem?

79 Replies

Can you double-check that the email address shown in your account profile is correct.

I`ve just checked, and it`s the correct one. My account is linked with my facebook. I`ve tried a lot of times, nothing yet.

@Bernardors - it looks like the original automated response was sent so I'm not sure why you didn't get it. But you'll get a response from a real person soon.

Don't forget, though, you'll need a Premium subscription to use Spotify on any device that requires a device password.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

I also tried to get a device password for serveral times. I also contacted the support and got the no reply email.
Can someone help me to get a link to set my device password? My case number is: Fall #: 01094911

Thanks for help!

@Kanner - If you reply directly to the automated email reply even if it says not to, someone will be able to lend a hand to get you one of those emails manually. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

i got the same error.

i wrote the spotify support since friday and no response..

is it a big problem to send me my device password???

Hi @Marcwa19197 Did you get an automated response directing you back to the Community?

If so, please reply again directlyt to that email. The team will get back to you shortly. 

After answering the no-reply email, i got an email with a link  to set my password.

Thanks for help!

Glad to hear that's sorted for you Kanner. Enjoy those tunes 🙂

I'm having the exact same issue. I haven't received an email with the device info yet. The only reason I upgraded to the premium service was so I could listen on my sonos player and I can't even do that. How can this be so difficult? And yes, I checked the email in the account info and it is the correct one. Please help.

Sorry for the hassle @pope0043 - If you could get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they can get one of those emails out to you manually.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter

Hi Support,

I've emailed about this on 12/29, and have received no response.

ref:_00DD0pxIW._500D0Y0aEF:ref

Device username: 12468134

I've noticed multiple threads about this. It seems like the issue is persistent, and that you've identified the cause of e-mails not going out and resolved the issue(s) in the past. If that's the case, why are you allowing this to happen again and again?

@jorji - Have you replied directly to the automated email? If not do so now and someone will get back to you as soon as they can.

Peter

My login is: 117203025

I've got the same problem! I'm a premium user and I've tried different times getting a paswoord for one of my devices but I'ven never received an email back. And I've checked my email, all my email folders. Feedback on this problem seems pretty slow seeing how multiple people have this problem.

And that after stopping support for the iPod touch first gen.

Hey @StroppyOak0 -- the support case you've created is with the right people, don't worry. They'll be able to send a device password over directly.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Same issue - not recieving my device password or a reply via the contact form.

# 01408139: Reset my password ref:_00DD0pxIW._500D0c14xE:ref‏

Hi everyone,

Could you please help me for the same matter? I have an account linked to FB and I'm not able to set up my squeezbox device with spotify. I need the password and I'm not able to get it through the link provided under "Profile".

I have contacted spotify customer service twice under case #01433294 & #01426241 ! -- no reply yet

I have replied to the automated e-mail -- no reply yet

I have re-tried the link provided on your website many times -- no e-mail received yet

Do I have wait for long enough since my last e-mail (more than 72h): yes

Do I have checked my spam inbox: yes

Do I have checked my e-mail spelling: yes

Hope you will be able to help me on this, as while we are talking I'm paying your service. If possible, I wish to unlink my spotify account from FB as it is too much trouble for me. I would rather have a login and a password I can use on all devices I have.

Many thanks,

Alex

EDIT: I have received an e-mail back from support team. They ask me to try the link on the website... 😄

Just keep replying to support via email, they should be able to give you one manually.

Peter

I will keep you updated - for the moment I have received no e-mail back.

Many thanks for your reply though

Hi,

Just a small message from "TheSwissMonkey" - I'm writing from my new account.

By writing to help desk I have been able to unlink FB from my account and create a new one. I have all my playlist and everything seems to work fine now.

Thanks

Suggested posts