Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline access withdrawn

Solved!

Offline access withdrawn

My offline access has been withdrawn even though I only have Spotify installed on 3 devices!!... I've had a lot of trouble with offline access and playlists gone missing and having to sync them again... Spotify, what is happening??

I know that this support forum is not run by Spotify but I hope someone from their team will see this and get back to me asap. I've had my Premium subscription for abt a year, it's never been syncing smoothly on mobile, old playlists with 0 songs turns up, but no new ones... and now this. 😞

154 Replies

If you've got a solution feel free to post it.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips
Marked as solution

OK Richard, 

here  goes to fix acess being withdrawn to specify a new folder for spotify to store music data in. why? it's simple if average joe user  could copy all the tracks to  a different machine, theft and copyright infringement would  explode across the Internet. therefore once you copy all the files in storage and paste them somewhere else (ie: different PC) you cause the withdrawn  error.

so the easiest  and best answer is to not copy files. but if you  have merely change the destination folderand re-load alll the tracks it sux I am doing this as I speak. It is preferable to losing everything at least I chose the 1195 tracks that I am now replacing.

I am analyst that got this on my own.

joe bob

OK Richard, 

here  goes to fix acess being withdrawn to specify a new folder for spotify to store music data in. why? it's simple if average joe user  could copy all the tracks to  a different machine, theft and copyright infringement would  explode across the Internet. therefore once you copy all the files in storage and paste them somewhere else (ie: different PC) you cause the withdrawn  error.

so the easiest  and best answer is to not copy files. but if you  have merely change the destination folderand re-load alll the tracks it sux I am doing this as I speak. It is preferable to losing everything at least I chose the 1195 tracks that I am now replacing.

I am analyst that got this on my own.

joe bob

Hi both of you,
This can't be the reason for my issue, simply because I didn't move any files.

I haven't done anything 'unnormal' to my account or any of the devices. My oldest device simply got withdrawn. (on a old computer that I rarely uses, which might have an old version of spotify)
I can check this when I'm back home (currently traveling over Easter)
I'll update that device to the latest version and see what happens, in the meantime, Richard, how do we escalate this?

And do we have any solutions to my other bug? (the one that makes old, removed playlists show up on my mobile device and push out newer ones I really want there)

Thanks

Hey Angelica, it might be worth waiting until we've tried the reinstall on the older computer before proceeding further. Have a good easter and let me know how things go.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

Hi,

I have the same problem. The devices that I have installed Spotify on is 

1. MacMini new gen. 2011

2. Ipad gen. 1

3. Iphone 4 GS

The only other devices that might case problemsc would be two older (broken) macminis - but they haven´t been conencted to the internet for the last six months or so...have I missed something, or is there a way to edit devices using the Spotify web page?

If not - it would be great to be able so view what devices that are supposedly connected just to be able to understand where to start troubleshooting,

Best regards - Glad Påsk!

Lars

Hey Lars, on your account you currently seem to have three iPhones attached - I guess that's not right. Would you like me to try resetting this information for you? (You'll need to resync your playlists afterwards)

Marked as solution

I need help aswell, my offline services have gone aswell!

Richard,

I am having this problem as well. However the problem seems to be specific to just the desktop app. Now two things have happened since the last time I used the desktop app: #1 the iOS version of spotify was inadvertantly installed on an Ipad, which I know does not work, and because the Ipad is linked to an Iphone, it was installed to the Iphone as well. I also have installed the beta app today, however offline mode seems to work on my phone no problem.

In these cases, resetting the information regarding what devices you have registered for offline use can help. Let us know if you'd ever like to try this.

You will have to resync your offline playlists across all devices, but it's worth a go in most cases.

Yes please Richard, if you could reset the information that would be great.... Many thanks. Mark

Markadias - I've just reset your devices for you. Let us know if it's helped.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Thanks a lot mate, seems to be fine at the moment, if there's anymore problems... I'll let you know, cheers

Hi Richard.

I reinstalld the software on the old comp and it seems to be working. I get a lot of errorcode 117, but when im connected it works and it syncs up with the playlists again. 🙂

So now 'only' one issue remains, the fact that old deleted playlists (playlist name is still there, but 0 songs in it) appear on the phone and pushes out newer ones.

Can we have a chat abt this issue too please?

@Angelica wrote:

So now 'only' one issue remains, the fact that old deleted playlists (playlist name is still there, but 0 songs in it) appear on the phone and pushes out newer ones.

Can we have a chat abt this issue too please?

That's strange, sounds like it could be a cache issue on your phone. Try reinstalling the app. (Is it Android or iOS?)

Hey, My access is withdrawn as well,
I read earlier that using cache clearing software can cause issues...

As far as I know, I should have only 3 devices (2 macs and my iphone...maybe 4 counting my ipad, but I've never used Spotify on it)

Why am I not given access to my devices through my account (or am I just not aware of it).

Also... this issue of the cache clearing needs to be fixed, because I am very very diligent about keeping garbage off of my computer and do weekly and monthly maitenence which includes clearing caches...

If you could clear this up for me... that'd be awesome.

Thanks 

Richmeade - Welcome to the Community! I can reset your devices if you'd like. However, this message could have something to do with a little bug in the iPhone app, which should be sorted in the new update. We released this yesterday. Could you try a clean reinstall for us? You can find instructions on how to do so here... http://www.spotify.com/help/faq/tech/clean-reinstallation-of-spotify/

Let us know how you get on.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Can you reset my devices to? My Spotify on a Mac Book Pro does not work with offline mode any more.

danielelongi - Okay, I've reset your devices now. Any offline playlists you had previously will need to be resynced.

Airhorn Enthusiast

Hello David.

The problem is not solved.

I still have to download (Available offline) the playslist everytime I start Sptofy. 😞 

Suggested posts