Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline synced on more then 3 devices message?!

Solved!

Offline synced on more then 3 devices message?!

I often get a message on my iPhone from spotify that I have offline playlists synced on more then 3 devices, and I have an option if I want to save my offline playlists on my telefone the message says that I just should quit and restarts spotify.
BUT NOW TO THE PROBLEM!!: I follow the message and quit spotify with hope that all my offlinemusic will still be there, BUT NO..!! And the other thing is that i DO NOT have synced playlists on 3 devices!!!! ONLY on my iphone!! When I restart spotify all music that I have synced are gone!!!?? WHY?! This is so annoying, and I am a paying coustomer so this makes me so angry!! Why pay if the program, by itself deletes my synced stuff...please help? What to do when even not the steps that I follow do not do as it says..?!
378 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi mcurly - I've taken a look at your account and you've just got one iPhone registered.

I've gone ahead and cleared that for you anyway. Please reinstall those apps again and resync your playlists. 

Marked as solution

Hi,

I am also having similar problems, could you please wipe my Mac laptop from my list of devices. Many thanks

PS Everybody relax, Spotify is great and a total bargain, a little patience seems fair.

@Calum wrote:

Hi,

I am also having similar problems, could you please wipe my Mac laptop from my list of devices. Many thanks

PS Everybody relax, Spotify is great and a total bargain, a little patience seems fair.

Thanks Callum, I've reset the devices for you now.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Hello Richard, can you please investigate my account too. I use only my iPhone and personal laptop at home only but i keep receiving this 3 devices error which means I have to go back every time and sync all my playlists again. Really annoying as I listen offline most of the time. Thanks Maria

Hey chirpychick, the account shows two Windows machines and an iPhone registered for offline use. If that's wrong we can reset it for you if you'd like? Also make sure to have the latest version of Spotify installed across all devices.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

Hey,

I'm wiling to give Spotify mobile another go to see if the offline playlist bug is really fixed.  Can you reset my devices please and I'll reinstall the app,

thanks

Dave

Hi Richard, thanks for investigating. One of the windows devices you refer to is my office computer and I've not used that for many months as I need Spotify to be reinstalled at work since they ran a system upgrade. Regardless you've said I have 3 devices but the error message refers to more than 3 so I'm still confused, many thanks Maria

Chirpychick - We are limited to seeing 3 on our system here. So, when you have those 3 devices, and try and add a 4th, this message will pop up.

We can clear these devices so you can start afresh. If you'd like, of course. This would clear all your offline data, but it will allow you to stay up to date. Would you like us to do so?

Davebeas - This bug should have been fixed a little while back. I've just reset those devices for you.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hi Richard,

Can you please let me know how many devices show up on my account?

Also, I have bought a new iPad and it is taking days for me to download tracks to my local device (I have a premium account).  Same issue with iPhone.  Can you help me get this fixed as well?

Thanks.

Hi Captivepanda - Right now you've got two iPhones and a Mac linked to your 'captivepanda' account. 

Would you like us to remove these so you can start over? You'll need to resync your offline playlists again if we do this. 

Hi Meridith,

Yes, please reset the three devices.  thanks.

Marked as solution

Hi Meridith,

Yes please reset the three devices.

Hi Captivepanda - Sure, that's all done for you. Please reinstall your Spotify app on your desktop/ devices and resync your playlists. 

Hi

Could you please let me know what devices i have linked to my Spotify account. I know there's a Samsung S3, iphone 4s & a ipad. I did have a htc desire,Samsung S2 & ipod touch which have long gone.

Many thanks

@Johnny121 wrote:

Hi

Could you please let me know what devices i have linked to my Spotify account. I know there's a Samsung S3, iphone 4s & a ipad. I did have a htc desire,Samsung S2 & ipod touch which have long gone.

Many thanks

I can't see the exact models but I see two Android devices and an iPhone. Need that reset?

If you could reset the android devices and i will reinstall the s3 later.

Many thanks

@Johnny121 wrote:

If you could reset the android devices and i will reinstall the s3 later.

Many thanks

I can only do all three at once I'm afraid - is that still ok?

Yes a complete reset will be fine Thank you
Marked as solution

@Johnny121 wrote:
Yes a complete reset will be fine Thank you

Great, done.

I synced my playlist offline to max. 2 device. Although i sometimes get this angry message. For example after changing sim card. This holidays i had the luck not to turn my android device online. Back home, i do that and all offline sync was gone.

Please reset the devices on my account. And please solve this problem, there must be i way to get a warning before deleting.

kirk09

Suggested posts