Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline synced on more then 3 devices message?!

Solved!

Offline synced on more then 3 devices message?!

I often get a message on my iPhone from spotify that I have offline playlists synced on more then 3 devices, and I have an option if I want to save my offline playlists on my telefone the message says that I just should quit and restarts spotify.
BUT NOW TO THE PROBLEM!!: I follow the message and quit spotify with hope that all my offlinemusic will still be there, BUT NO..!! And the other thing is that i DO NOT have synced playlists on 3 devices!!!! ONLY on my iphone!! When I restart spotify all music that I have synced are gone!!!?? WHY?! This is so annoying, and I am a paying coustomer so this makes me so angry!! Why pay if the program, by itself deletes my synced stuff...please help? What to do when even not the steps that I follow do not do as it says..?!
378 Replies

Hi, I'm getting the "more than 3 mobile devices sync offline playlists" error message EVERY time I launch the iPhone app.

Help please?

It has just started to happen the same to me.

It seems to be happening a lot of people, should it be on the news so maybe someone will start doing anything to solve it.

I got my device list reset earlier in the week and it's just happened again when I was on my way out to the gym.

If nothing is fixed in the next week then I'm cancelling my subscription entirely.

Apple has given enough advice on how to get around this, so sort it out. Or at least speak to Apple about it.

Hi all,

I received this message after tweeting with Community Manager Rorey, I got this from David (Spotify Moderator):

"Hi again!

If you can just plug your iPhone into your pc/mac and then on the first screen that you see you should be able to see an option 

'enable wifi sync of this device' 

To clarify I mean the device summary screen within iTunes - which you can get to by clicking on 'yourname's iphone on the left hand side of the screen'

its possible that this was enabled automatically. 

let me know how you get on with this

thanks"

We should all try this. This, not having enough space on your iPhone/iPad so files get swapped around by Spotify and causes the issue and Spotify recognizing different wi-fi networks as seperate devices seem to be the sum-up of reasons why we are experiencing this issue. In any case, maybe doing this (what I wrote above) solves the issue. Let's try.

I'm not sure I understand what is being suggested. Are we supposed to disable or enable the wifi syncing?

MrStu82,

It's nice that they tried to help you, don't it's Apple's fault. Other music subscription apps like Rdio don't have this issue.

It's Spotify's responsibility to address and fix this.

You are supposed to disable the wi-fi syncing. This could solve the issue according to Spotify.

(For those who only read this entry, connect your iPhone/iPad to your computer and then in the first screen that you see in iTunes you will have the option 'enable wi-fi syncing'. It could be that this is enabled by default. This option should be unchecked/disabled.)

I disabled my WiFi syncing for my iPhone in iTunes, and I still have the issue about once a week. Disabling the WiFi sync is unfortunately not a fix.

I'm not sure if it's enabled or not for me, although I rarely have iTunes open to sync to it anyways. I am syncing via iCloud and Google Exchange for most things and Spotify for music. If wifi sync interfears at all it's during or related to the backup process (I'd guess).

Today I had another "3 devices message".

I've just changed my Premium account to Unlimited and it feel a lot better about it. Don't bother giving these guys the extra money. I should be cancelling the whole lot and I feel guilty for not doing that. This has been going on for months and it's a joke. I should of changed to unlimited over 6 months ago. I feel pathetic for sticking with it when they've been taking my money and they haven't offered any good will gesture. 

I have the same problem. can you email me the solution as well?

thanks

Hello -

We released an update for the iOS application yesterday. You might want to give this a try. Pop over to the App Store, and you should be able to find it under "Updates".

Airhorn Enthusiast

Shhhh, don't say it too loud or the poor souls using Android or WindowsPhone7 might hear and get jealous 😉

Thanks David. I will try the update and report back if it occurs again.

Maybe this is some kind of a sick joke, but the first time I opened the app after downloading the update I got the more than 3 devices message. I'm willing to give the update the benefit of the doubt in this case, and maybe the app will work after the initial hiccup...I'll update the thread with my results.

I'm LMFAO at 'Maybe this is some kind of a sick joke' 😄 nice one Y2kevin.

I'm gonna get my hands on this update and hope it works.

Sad fact: I don't listen to music on my iPhone via Spotify anymore, really for days in a row. I don't even bring my 300 dollar/euro Beats by Dr. Dre headphones with me anymore (which I bought.. for Spotify.. on my iPhone). Why? Cause I am not sure if Spotify  will work. And I'm sick and tired of re-syncing. And re-syncing. And... re-syncing. And.. re-syncing. And you know what, while we're at it.. re-syncing.

I must say that in the last days we've at least been getting feedback. Which all started with me e-mailing several Spotify e-mail addresses instead of following the advice of using the Contact Form (which we've all also done). Thanks to Rorey (the Community Manager who immediately responded to my tweet to him) David and Tyler we know some more things.

There's lessons to be learned for all of us:

-We have the clear choice as customer to stay or leave, nobody forces us to stay with Premium. Still, as there's no clear cut competitor, Spotify remains our choice. Spotify should be happy about that, instead of being quite 'relaxed' in updating us.

-It is common sense for a customer that a product should work as advertised and it then the company's responsibility once the customer forks over x amount of Euros/Pounds/Dollars to ensure the product works as advertised OR that everything is done to inform the customers. This was not the case. Between March 13th and the second week of April, we did not get ANY feedback, which is completely inexcusable and for which the small apology is a start, but still doesn't make up for the frustration felt by all posters.

-We the customers have the power to make or break a company (AOL anyone?). Spotify needs to understand and recognize this power and acknowledge that we the people are what makes Spotify possible. But maybe, we can also be a bit more patient as customers and look up as much information as we can.

As it stands right now: there is no fix yet. We should all get the update and immediately post all our findings. It's that simple.

I want to say thank you to all Spotify users posting on here for keeping the thread strong and keeping it going, to Spotify (Tyler, Rorey, David even Meredith who was the last sign of life on March 13th) for finally giving us some feedback.

We love music, love it, f'ing LOVE music. We all do, users and Spotify. It's only because of this reason Spotify that you have paying users who are willing to spend free time complaining on a forum and putting our lives and music on pause to make sure we can have our music back.

Fingers crossed. Let's hope this finally works.

If not: we either all buy Android phones and Spotify picks up the tab. Not kidding. 🙂

Same thing here.  iPhone is currently resyncing...which I'm fine with because I think it may be necessary after an update(although 7 times in 4 days is RIDICULOUS).  However, if this happens once more I'm out.

I am getting the same thing.

this has been happening for months now. I'll start my journey to work and then all of my music will be automatically desynced claiming offline syncing on 3 devices. I then have to travel with no music and then resync only for it to happen again at some random point in the near future.

hello - this is happening to me, too. i have the latest version/update of the app, and it's really maddening as the only time i listen to spotify is on the train. 

spotify - can you please help and see what devices are connected to my account / help me get this cleared up?

thank you kindly.

I just got this error from the latest Spotify mobile client on my iPhone.  I get these probably about once a month, and I've been getting them ever since I've started using the service.  It's super annoying.

Suggested posts