Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline synced on more then 3 devices message?!

Solved!

Offline synced on more then 3 devices message?!

I often get a message on my iPhone from spotify that I have offline playlists synced on more then 3 devices, and I have an option if I want to save my offline playlists on my telefone the message says that I just should quit and restarts spotify.
BUT NOW TO THE PROBLEM!!: I follow the message and quit spotify with hope that all my offlinemusic will still be there, BUT NO..!! And the other thing is that i DO NOT have synced playlists on 3 devices!!!! ONLY on my iphone!! When I restart spotify all music that I have synced are gone!!!?? WHY?! This is so annoying, and I am a paying coustomer so this makes me so angry!! Why pay if the program, by itself deletes my synced stuff...please help? What to do when even not the steps that I follow do not do as it says..?!
378 Replies

Jl0810 - Just deleted them for you. Can you make sure you have the most recent version of our iOS app, as this bug should be fixed. So it really shouldn't happen.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

hello - i upgraded both apps and i still had the same issue.  Are you sure you refreshed my account?  bTW I only have 3 devices that connect to spotify EVER and 2 of which use offline playlist.  in summary, I'm never even close to over the limit!

Which version of the iOS app are you using? Older versions of the app had a bug where this message would pop up even though the device limit had not been reached.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Hi!
Please reset my devices as well.
Thank you in advance!

@Holmbom wrote:
Hi!
Please reset my devices as well.
Thank you in advance!

Done!

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

Hi,

can you reset the devices connected to my account. Or at least remoe the ones I do not use.

The ones I do use right now is:

Nokia Lumia 900

Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9

Xperia Ray

I Hope the computer does not count as one device? In that case, delete Xperia Ray

Regards glosi83

Glosi83 - Just reset those devices for you. Let us know how you get on.
-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Many thanks 🙂

I'm getting the same message on my iPhone and offline playlists are no longer offline. I only offline on my account to one device which is on the iOS app version 0.5.1. Can I get mine reset too?

Smoothmove11 - Just reset them for you. Could you also try a reinstall of the Spotify app for us, as this should eliminate the message popping up again.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Thanks! Reinstalled and re-offlined now. Good so far.

I also got this really anoying message! And why does it start deleting songs from my mobilephone first??  I can't even remember having synced any other devices than my android 4.0 phone. Could you please delete any other sync memberships I have? I only need sync on my android phone.

@ice3d wrote:

I also got this really anoying message! And why does it start deleting songs from my mobilephone first??  I can't even remember having synced any other devices than my android 4.0 phone. Could you please delete any other sync memberships I have? I only need sync on my android phone.

Ok, I've reset this information on your account. You'll just need to resync one further time.

Hey!

Could someone reset my offline devices as well? I use spotify on my computer, my phone and my iPad, and I get this all the time even though I only have 3 devices currently synced.

Hi erik5678- That's all done for you. I recommend also doing a clean reinstallation of the Spotify app on all your devices to make sure you don't get that message again--thanks!

Thank you very much!

I will reinstall the apps.

It would also be nice if you would reset my account too.  Or tell me how I can do it?  I get this message every three days or so and I'm always really nervous to turn on my spotify on my phone without first turning off my internet connection.  I shouldn't be scared about this.  Spotify... please help me like your service again.  This is really really a pain in the ass and has made me seriously consider alternatives to your service.  But I really like spotify so I would like to get what I pay for with my cell phone and it saving songs!

Please please help.

Thanks

Hi BobertBicGee - I've just cleared your devices as well. 

Please do a clean installation of the Spotify app on all your devices now to ensure you've got our latest releases. Then resync your playlists for offline use again. 

If you receive that 3 devices message again please let us know--thanks!

Thanks!!  I'll let you know if it happens again!  Fingers crossed that it did the trick!

Hi-

I am having a similar issue. I only use spotify on my iphone and laptop and suspect that my old iphone (which is no longer used and cannot be accessed) is still being logged as using Spotify. Can you please assist with disconnecting that device? Thanks.

Suggested posts