Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Overcharge student discount

Solved!

Overcharge student discount

I tried to apply the student account this morning. I filled in all blanks that are required and then submitted, but it said that I was failed to apply to student account because they weren't able to validate my student details. However, later when I checked my bank account, I was charged. Then I thought maybe I actually applied successfully, so I sighed out and sighed in again, but it is still on free. So I did the same thing again, and I was carged again. Please help......

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @ingrid_861112 and welcome to the Spotify Community!

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble applying your Student Discount. I recommend reaching out to Spotify Support. They can be reached through their Twitter Handle @SpotifyCares, Facebook Page Spotify Cares, or through the online contact form.

If you submit the contact form instead of the Twitter or Facebook Message, make sure to check your inbox and junk folder for an email from Spotify.

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there @ingrid_861112 and welcome to the Spotify Community!

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble applying your Student Discount. I recommend reaching out to Spotify Support. They can be reached through their Twitter Handle @SpotifyCares, Facebook Page Spotify Cares, or through the online contact form.

If you submit the contact form instead of the Twitter or Facebook Message, make sure to check your inbox and junk folder for an email from Spotify.

Actually I already reached Spotify through onine contact form, but they asked me to find solution in community first and FAQ second. That's why I ask here. Thanks for your respound though.

This is a billing question though...you should be able to send a reply back to them. Without knowing all of the details, I can say pretty definitely that you should have been able to address your problem through that team. Sorry for all the redirection!

I still recommend resubmitting a case or trying one of the social media methods. 

Okay. Thank you so much. I will try to reach them again.

Suggested posts