Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Password error on trying to purchase downloads

Solved!

Password error on trying to purchase downloads

Help!

I'm ready to spend some serious money downloading tracks, but everytime I try to download a song it fails at the password stage in the Spotify client.

My account page on the Spotify site states "You have an active Spotify premium account", but when I click any oval (download) button in the Windows Spotify client interface, on the first click the text changes to (download for 1), then on the second click it asks me to enter my password to confirm I want to purchase music. At this point, when I actually enter my password and hit enter I get feedback in the popup screen in red text saying "You have entered an incorrect password".

I have reset my password several times, and then confirmed that had worked by logging in and out of the service which works fine.

It's just at the purchasing option that this happens. I have verified that am logged in to the same account in the client and webinterface (I have just one).

Finally, perhaps coincidetally, so far I have not been able to sync any of my playlists with my iPod either. Maybe that's related.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Can we see a screenshot of the password error message? The password should just be the same as the one you use to login so I'm not sure why this would be happening.

Does reinstalling Spotify help at all?

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hello,

Welcome to the Community.

Was it your intention to purchase the mp3 tracks? This would require an additional payment on top of your Premium payment. What sort of iPod are you using?
Airhorn Enthusiast

Yes it is my intention to purchase MP3 tracks. However I cannot log in.

I have a classic 160 GB iPod

**Bump**

Marked as solution

Can we see a screenshot of the password error message? The password should just be the same as the one you use to login so I'm not sure why this would be happening.

Does reinstalling Spotify help at all?

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Thanks, reinstalling worked!

Suggested posts