Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Password works when logging in, but not when trying to cancel premium subscription.

Password works when logging in, but not when trying to cancel premium subscription.

My password works just fine. Yes, I do know it by heart and yes, so does my browser. I log in, go to the subscription page, try to cancel it as I haven't really used Spotify for over a year now, and at that point the website tells me the password is incorrect. It's the very same one used to log in. I logged out and back in twice — once typing from memory and once using the browser's autofill — just to make sure.

I believe the character validation upon cancelling premium subscription is different than the character validation of signing up and signing in.
1 Reply

Hi @vinimasca. Strange, that definitely shouldn't be happening. Could you please try to complete the cancelation in an incognito (private browsing) window, or alternatively, you can attempt to clear your cache?

Give that a try, and if the issue continues to persists then I would suggest you reach out to support. Support can be reached one of three ways: through the online contact form; on twitter by reaching out to @SpotifyCares; or by sending a message to the Spotify Cares Facebook page. Please be aware that responses may take anywhere from 24-48 hours depending on the volume of tickets support is currently handling.

In regards to the contact form, upon filling it out you should receive a confirmation email, usually a generic message containing the information you provided and instructions to visit these forums. If after 24 hours you do not hear back from a support team member, please reply directly back to the confirmation email, even if it originates from a no-reply address. If you do not receive this confirmation email, please check your spam folder. If it is not present there, please attempt using one of the other contact methods, or, if you are unable to use the alternatives, please let me know.

Suggested posts