Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Payment not accepted

Payment not accepted

Hi there,

My problem is simple to understand, but I can't have it solved. I have tried every way possible to pay for the Premium Subscription, even though Paypal and I haven't been successful. It always ends up informing me that it was no good, after I was prompted to validate my password.

any help please?

Thanks

11 Replies

Are you saying Paypal is saying your password is incorrect?  It will probably help support if you copy and paste the exact message you are getting (leaving out any confidential info, of course).

Hey ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Also make sure your payment card (and paypal) meets all of the requirements set out in:

This page and this page.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I've never experienced a company that makes it so difficult to make a payment. My payment is declined even though all my card information is correct, there are plenty of funds available and I've NEVER have a problem anywhere else. Hope this can be resolved quickly before I have to go back to Rhapsody (where I never had a problem with making a payment). I need my music to stay sane.

@stillsonpaul:  Yes this syatem is weak. I have the exact same problem, my Paypal acct. is completely in order and properly linked to a bank account.  All I really want to do is give Spotify my money (and not have the service I subscribed to cancelled).  

Thanks for mentioning Rhapsody, I've not yet heard of it but may be needing to subscribe with them instead if this company can't get its act together.

Where's customer supports reply? Why isn't there an 800 number (Rhapsody has one plus instant chat)?

There is no 0800 number but if you have a question, I'll try to help. Alternatively you can submit an online contact form and someone at Spotify will look into it for you. If you get an automated reply, make sure to reply to it directly (even if it's from a no reply) and it will be sent to the Spotify staff.

@stillsonpaul wrote:

Where's customer supports reply? Why isn't there an 800 number (Rhapsody has one plus instant chat)?

@timoboll80 wrote:

@@stillsonpaul:  Yes this syatem is weak. I have the exact same problem, my Paypal acct. is completely in order and properly linked to a bank account.  All I really want to do is give Spotify my money (and not have the service I subscribed to cancelled).  

Thanks for mentioning Rhapsody, I've not yet heard of it but may be needing to subscribe with them instead if this company can't get its act together.

PayPal accounts are required to be linked to a valid credit/debit card in order to be used on Spotify, in addition to the account being verified. Spotify use the credit card details to verify your location. That requirement is outlined in this help page (from before)

Peter

Peter

PayPal has NOTHING to do with my problem. As with every other product for sale online known to mankind, you want to buy something you submit your credit card information and within seconds your purchase is completed. Am I missing something? I've been waiting all day to purchase another month of service from Spotify. Where is customer support @ Spotify? Why are they not even bothering to respond to me? Hey Spotify, IS THERE ANYBODY ALIVE OUT THERE?

As said above, if you want to get in touch with the Spotify payments team using the online contact form they will be able to assist you further with this on a one-to-one basis via email ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

Peter

Peter

I have done this several times. How long does it usually take them to get back to you? It's been over 24 hours.

You will normally get a response within 24 hours. 

If you post your case number (its in the automated confirmation reply when you submit a form) I will see if I can get someone to chase it up for you. 

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts