Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Payment via Paypal in Germany changed

Solved!

Payment via Paypal in Germany changed

Hi there,

my Spotify account is charged over Paypal and PayPal charges my bank account. I have no credit card data on Paypal. Everything works fine for me. Now I tried to upgrade an account from a friend the same why I upgraded mine but now it seems that I  need a credit card. 

Why that? My friend does not have one and he has a verified bank account on Paypal. 

That sucks. Is there another way you get your money monthly over Paypal?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Unfortunately, a credit or debit is card is required to be connected to your verified PayPal account, since Spotify use that information to verify your country from my understanding. 

If you have a subscription set up without a credit card, you are incredibly lucky since it has always been a stated requirement as far back as I can remember, but it appears some people in the past have been able to get it to work (maybe due to a bug?).

Spotify card gift cards are available in Germany, so your friend could purchase one from a highstreet retailor if they liked. Check out https://www.spotify.com/gift-card/ for details. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Unfortunately, a credit or debit is card is required to be connected to your verified PayPal account, since Spotify use that information to verify your country from my understanding. 

If you have a subscription set up without a credit card, you are incredibly lucky since it has always been a stated requirement as far back as I can remember, but it appears some people in the past have been able to get it to work (maybe due to a bug?).

Spotify card gift cards are available in Germany, so your friend could purchase one from a highstreet retailor if they liked. Check out https://www.spotify.com/gift-card/ for details. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts