Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Paypal payment method is gone

Paypal payment method is gone

I have used paypal to pay for spotify for as long as i can remember. And up until now it has worked perfectly.

Now suddenly without warning (that i can recall to have seen or recieved via email) my paypal payment seems to be canceled.

I suddenly have spotify free.

I have checked, and my paypal account did not get charged this month.

I log in and try to set up a new subscription, but paypal is no longer an option for payment..............

Is paypal gone for good as a payment method? Or what has happend?

And end my subscription without so much as a warning??? What is up with that????

6 Replies

Hi razarac,

That's not good. First of, don't worry PayPal still is an accepted payment option with Spotify. Were you trying to get Premium with a Student Discount? Unfortunately PayPal isn't available as a payment method for students so it wouldn't be visible.

Could you please check whether the country registered on your PayPal account matches the country set in your Spotify account.

I'm not a student so i can't get any discount.
Just checked and in both my paypal and spotify account i have the same country (norway).
I tried with a different device to upgrade to premium. Still no option for paypal. Only credit card or paysafe.

I find it very strange that my subscription suddenly get cancelled by itself and i'm not able to continue it with the same type of payment that has been working for meany years...

It certainly is strange!

Let's ask our miraclemakers from support to help out. Click here to go to the contact form:  https://support.spotify.com/us/contact-spotify-support/?contact Support should react in about 24-48 hours.

If you get an automated email telling you to ask around in the community, please just respond to that email. I'm sure your problem will be solved soon!

Hey there @Razarac 🙂

At this time, PayPal is not available as a payment method. You can switch to another payment method instead, that should do it 🙂

Hope this helped!

K

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

is it the case for the time being or it may not come back in the near future? 

p.s what was funny about your reply?!

Hey again @erorr39,

There is no confirmed date at the moment for when it will be available.

K

P.S. I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

Suggested posts