Free

Country

UK

Device

iPhone 7, HP Chromebook, PC, Web Player

Operating System

iOS13, Chrome OS, Windows 10, Google Chrome

My Question or Issue

Playlist sorting by album is not listing correctly on all devices - see comparisons pictures. a = playlist sorted by album, b = source album. Tested on above devices, tried logging out and back in and resetting sort (setting sort playlist to newest added, then back to album). Appears to be sorting alphabetically by artist per album (which I'm pretty sure wasn't doing before and was by tracklist instead?) Only noticed this since the latest update.

Playlist link: https://open.spotify.com/user/boo4411/playlist/7cq01AVETakOFcjjNDN0Fd?si=-ZEgs2qqSjSlsCo42CVq3g

Album link: https://open.spotify.com/album/4WGcPCflN9FNccSu7tE9iS?si=3Fe3krKIT4WemiHiIXc7xA

unnamed (1) (1).jpg
unnamed (2).jpg
3 Replies

Hi @boo4411,

I think it's correct, it's sorted by album but you are right the song order is not in the order of the album it self. But it's still sorted by album. 

So it depends a bit of the definition of order by album. You say it's not shown correctly on all devices. Do you mean that there are devices which do it correctly? Like desktop? If so, then I agree the definition should be the same on all devices.

Regards,

René

I just swear it used to be sorted by album tracklist rather than like this? It is displayed like this on every platform. Maybe I'm remembering it wrong - the playlist above is a musicals playlist and I'm certain I used to listen to it in order and the each musical would play its songs in order of where they are in the performance, like the pics above would suggest (if that makes sense xD). It just seems kinda weird to sort it like this?

Hi @boo4411,

I'm not sure how it was. But I thinks it's fair to say that you sort by album the way it is now, so without taking the track order into account.

I think you just have to play the album. Did you save/like the album? If so, you can easily find the album via the albums tab. That's the way I listen to albums.

Regards,

René

Suggested posts