Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Please Unlink the Incorrect Facebook from my Account (attn: Richard or Meredith)

Solved!

Please Unlink the Incorrect Facebook from my Account (attn: Richard or Meredith)

Sorry to start another thread, but I feel like I need to call attention in order to get help with my issue.

I need to have my Spotify account, Stivan777, unlinked from the incorrect Facebook profile (Andy Ospina) in order to link my own, correct Facebook profile to my account.   The advice I was given to 'disconnect' my Spotify app from Facebook in the thread below does not solve this issue:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts-Subscriptions-and-Music/Wrong-Facebook-Linked-to-My-Spotify...

Please help.  

Thanks,

Stivan

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

This is resolved now.   It was rectified when Sam disconnected from his end.   Prior to this, everytime I disconnected, it would log in to the wrong person's Facebook profile when I ran the app and logged in with my Spotify username.

The Spotify app then appears to have automatically picked up my Facebook profile from the session that was logged in, I assume through the Facebook API.   If this is the case then that is what may have screwed up my account in the first place.   To my knowledge I never 'told' the app which Facebook credentials to use for my profile.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

This is resolved now.   It was rectified when Sam disconnected from his end.   Prior to this, everytime I disconnected, it would log in to the wrong person's Facebook profile when I ran the app and logged in with my Spotify username.

The Spotify app then appears to have automatically picked up my Facebook profile from the session that was logged in, I assume through the Facebook API.   If this is the case then that is what may have screwed up my account in the first place.   To my knowledge I never 'told' the app which Facebook credentials to use for my profile.

Thanks.

Suggested posts