Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium to Unlimited

Premium to Unlimited

I want to (unfortunately) downgrade from Premium to Unlimited. I want to know if it's at all possible to get Unlimited for free like it's being offered now, or because I've already paid for Premium before, I'll have to pay for Unlimited. My goal here is to save money, so I'm trying to figure out how to do so. 

9 Replies

Unlimited is different to Spotify free. 

Spotify Unlimited is still a subscription level, which for a fee (normally have the premium cost) will remove all advertising in the desktop and web players. With a Spotify unlimited account, you get the same service as Spotify free accounts on mobile devices and tablets (with advertising). 

Spotify free is exactly as it says, free - and its now free on android and iOS devices as well as desktop and web. All free service is advert supported. The majority of countries now have no time limits on the free service either (which used to be an unlimited feature). 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Does Unlimited still exist? I thought it was withdrawn a few weeks ago, when Mobile became free, and the destop 10 hour limitation was lifted.

So how do I go about going from Premium to Spotify free? Is that possible without creating a whole new account and losing all of my previous playlists?

it would have been really helpful if this breakdown was availbble on your website and not in a message board! its nice to compare features before subscribing to something.  thanks Josh

That is something we have raised the Spotify team - a comparison table would be nice!

@tsciortino23 - Unlimited continues to be available in countries where it has already launched, but is no longer advertised.

Peter

So because I already have Premium, I have no choice but to go to Unlimited? I know I can "try Unlimited" or completely cancel, but I don't want to completely cancel my subscription since I don't want to lose my playlists. Is there any way around this or am I just screwed haha

You don't lose any playlists at all, just the premium features are lost. Most importantly you will have to listen to ads, and offline mode is gone. 

Alternatively you could convince a friend living in a poor country to buy you gift cards, because they are cheaper there. For example in my country Premium is only 4.99 EUR / month.

@tsciortino23 - Cancelling your premium will drop you down to Spotify free, it will not close your account. With Spotify free you will still have access to your playlists on your devices, just with advertising. 

@SPQR3 - Spotify gift and eCards are only redeemable by accounts registered in the country in which the card was purchased to prevent people from doing this. 

Peter

Suggested posts