Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problem where there's different playlists on diff devices

Problem where there's different playlists on diff devices

Currently, playlists that I've added from my computer are not showing up on my phone, and vice versa. I went Spotify Free for a little while and continued to add playlists, and it was around then that this problem started so I don't know if that's related. I tried deinstalling and reinstalling my mobile app. Also, the app says its syncing, and it keeps adding back playlists that I have previously deleted from both my mobile app and my Mac separately. It hasn't reappeared on the Mac though. So it must have some separate playlist file its looking at or something.
6 Replies

Currently, playlists that I've added from my computer are not showing up on my phone, and vice versa. I went Spotify Free for a little while and continued to add playlists, and it was around then that this problem started so I don't know if that's related. I tried deinstalling and reinstalling my mobile app. Also, the app says its syncing, and it keeps adding back playlists that I have previously deleted from both my mobile app and my Mac separately. It hasn't reappeared on the Mac though. So it must have some separate playlist file its looking at or something.

Hi. Please check that your subscription shows as Premium then confirm that with spotify running on your mobile device, it appears under "devices" on your desktop Spotify client.

It will help with troubleshooting to know your desktop OS and spotify version as well as they mobile device details, OS and Spotify version.

Both my computer and my phone recognize that I'm a premium account holder. When I'm on wifi my computer does recognize my phone and I tried clicking the radio button for syncing all playlists, it didn't help. My computer is a Mac and I have an iPhone 4.

toille9 - Wow, you have an awful lot of playlists. Are there specific ones that aren't showing up?
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Well, I did make a subfolder of one of my playlist folders "Jazz>Riot Jazz" and the whole riot jazz playlist has not shown up on my mobile. And I have added new playlists into my "temp" folder after that problem started with the riot jazz subfolder and they haven't added to my computer. As for all the folders I have imported from my iTunes (which is an immense amount) I don't need that on my phone and perhaps not even on my computer. I tried deleted that from my phone and it can back when it synced.

Also, because any new playlists I add to my phone don't show up on my computer, it has the added result of not allowing me to delete any playlists that I create into a folder. This is because it seems that the Spotify add only has an "Edit" button and edit options directly under "Playlists" but it disappears when you go into a playlist folder (like one I created called "Temp"). Furthermore, I cannot create any new playlist folders for my phone because that capability is also only on the computer.

Suggested posts