Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problems modifying account settings.

Problems modifying account settings.

I'm trying to subscribe to premium, but I'm having problems with my account settings.  When I attempt to change account settings, I receive "Another account is already registered with this email address."  I found other threads that mention a duplicate account from Facebook.  I'd like to have that Facebook duplicate account removed so that I may fix my Spotify account and subscribe.

4 Replies

Hi pontsuboy- Yes you're right, you did create a duplicate account on our system. However, I'm not sure why a duplicate would prevent you from upgrading 'ponsuboy' successfully. 

Either way, I've just removed that dulpciate account for you. Please give that upgrade another try (be sure to sign in with your pontsuboy username) and let me know if you have any roadblocks. Thanks!

Hi,

I seem to have the same or a similar issue. When I try to update my account I get "Another account is already registered with this email address". However, I have not set up a facebook login. I only use the original Spotify login I had from the beginning, which is the one I want to use.

@hellorobjo wrote:

Hi,

I seem to have the same or a similar issue. When I try to update my account I get "Another account is already registered with this email address". However, I have not set up a facebook login. I only use the original Spotify login I had from the beginning, which is the one I want to use.

Hey there!

I'm sorry that there is some problems activating Spotify.

Just conatct to Spotify using contact form. They wait your questions right now, so just let them know. They are more than happy to help you!!!

http://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/

hellorobjo -  What's happened here is you've made an extra account va Facebook. I've just removed that account so you can adjust your settings. 

The best way to prevent making another duplicate is linking your FB to your Spotify via your Preferences page: Edit > Preferences (in Windows) or Spotify > Preferences (in Mac)

You don't have to share your listening on FB. Those settings can be adjusted in Preferences too. 

Suggested posts