Casual Listener

Plan 

Premium

Country Ireland

Device

Operating System 

Android 9

My Question or Issue

I am having recurring problems with my Spotify playing through my car Bluetooth system. It works for a few weeks then stops, and has not worked now for almost a month. The music is playing, but I have no volume, however once I disconnect the bluetooth it plays from my handset fine. The issue is not the car radio, as both Google Music & Youtube are playing fine. It is almost as if I am on free Spotify, and the in car system does not work. I have tried disconnecting everything and resetting the bluetooth paired devices. Spotify is working fine via bluetooth to my house radio, but since I use it primarily for long journeys in the car I'm becoming somewhat fed up. Would love some advice on this one! Thanks

2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Problems with connection to car Bluetooth system

Rock Star 7
Rock Star 7

Hey, @CaitrionaNic 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

I'm not sure about what you mean by "It is almost as if I am on free Spotify"... Could you give me more information about it, or try to clarify this piece of information?

It would be great if you could send me a screenshot of what you see when you try to connect your Spotify app to the Bluetooth system of your car.

In the meanwhile, could you try to perform a clean reinstallation of the app on your device? It's different than the quick and normal reinstallation, so you can find the step-by-step guide here.

Please, keep me posted!

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

hezorgRock Star 7
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Highlighted

Re: Problems with connection to car Bluetooth system

CaitrionaNic
Casual Listener
Hey @hezorg. Thanks for the reply! What I meant re 'free Spotify' - when I initially had a free 30 day trial Spotify did not work through my car Bluetooth at all. However it was working once I purchased Premium, and until recently. I'll try the clean reinstallation and see how it goes. Thanks!
SUGGESTED POSTS