Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Real name showing despite not being connected to facebook

Real name showing despite not being connected to facebook

Hi,

I have never connected my spotify account to facebook. Under Spotify/preferences I am not connected to facebook. Despite this, my real name is showing in spotify and not my username. Heck, I am not even registered with that name (changed last name due to marriage but my new name is displayed in spotify).

I have tried deleting spotify by following the instructions of deleting the cache (using Mountain Lion) and reinstalling spotify without any better result. Just want to know how I can have my user name displayed instead of my real name, since I am not, and never has been, connected to facebook in spotify.

4 Replies

@danny041 wrote:

Hi,

I have never connected my spotify account to facebook. Under Spotify/preferences I am not connected to facebook. Despite this, my real name is showing in spotify and not my username. Heck, I am not even registered with that name (changed last name due to marriage but my new name is displayed in spotify).

I have tried deleting spotify by following the instructions of deleting the cache (using Mountain Lion) and reinstalling spotify without any better result. Just want to know how I can have my user name displayed instead of my real name, since I am not, and never has been, connected to facebook in spotify.

Hey danny041, welcome to the Community.

I've taken a look at your account and can confirm there's no link to Facebook. Just to be sure, are you logging in with your username 'danny041' and not an email address? 

___

New to the Community? Check out the Community newbie tips

Did I solve your problem? Click 'Accept As Solution' to help others find the answer!

Need Spotify help on Twitter? Head to @SpotifyCares

Thanks for the welcoming!

I can confirm that I am logging in with my username danny41. Even when I log in to my spotify profile I have my old name as I wrote, hence no connection what so ever to my new name. But there must be a connection somewhere since spotify is using my profile picture from facebook and my "new name" (married name).

I am using spotify on four devices actively. An ipad, an iphone, a macbook air and an iMac (if that is any help).

Thanks for trying to help!

Has your account been recently disconnected from Facebook? 

It can take a while for the spotify profile pages to be updated on the Spotify servers. The information should disappear on its own since your account is no longer tied to Facebook. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

No problem Danny, I'm sure we can get to the bottom of this. 

So does the old name appear on all four of your devices? If so, this is unlikely a cache issue. 

Can you please try the following:

Head to Facebook > Click the Cog at the top-right > Account Settings > Apps > Spotify > Remove App

Removing the app from your Facebook should sever any existing link between the two.

___

New to the Community? Check out the Community newbie tips

Did I solve your problem? Click 'Accept As Solution' to help others find the answer!

Need Spotify help on Twitter? Head to @SpotifyCares

Suggested posts