Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Redeem code doesn't work "Oops! Something went wrong, please try again or check out our help area"

Redeem code doesn't work "Oops! Something went wrong, please try again or check out our help area"

Hi, I bought a Spotify premium/unlimited/download card yesterday from an "ica" (store in sweden). I tried to write the code on the backside of the card in "www.spotify.com/redeem" but it always says "Oops! Something went wrong, please try again or check out our help area". I have checked that I have written the write code and I tried about 10 times yesterday and 20 now. It get's me really frustrated because that I will travel by car soon and need spotify really hard. 

I have checked the forum for answers but I only find people with the same problem, not a single answer. 

22 Replies

Now I tried again after that I created a community acount and it seemed to work. It took me to a page where i could choose Premium, unlimited or download. I choosed premium but it said "We are currently not able to redeem this code". I tried again and again but the same message pops up. Now I restarted my computer and I have the same problem as before. I get "oops! Something went wrong" when I write my code.

Yes, I have tried another browser and another computer, but it always says "oops! something went wrong".

Hi, others have been having a similar issue.

Please try and clear ALL caches and cookies.

Then try again. I will ask a mod to take a look at this and see what they can do.

I'm having the same problem this morning (started last night).  I'll clear cookies and temp files, but if this code does not go in, I'm reverting to iTunes, where in 4 years I have never had a problem with codes or purchases.

I've cleared the caches and cookies and I get the same problem.
I tried to write the code and press the "redeem" button 10 times in a row and now I get in to the second page again. But when i press on "premium" it says "We are curantly not able to redeem this code".......

Hi everyone, a mod will see this thread soon and will be able to assist with it.

Please bear with them!

Nope, cleared everything - still "Oops! Something went wrong, please try again or check out our help area".

I'll start by sending them an email - I've spent money that I'm getting no service for, there should be an answer within minutes.  After all, they had no problem taking my money well before I received service.

I also cannot claim a refund from the store I bought the non-functioning code from - it's not their problem, it's Spotify's problem.

I'll check back with this forum again in 1 hour - if no resolution, then it's Goodbye Spotify.

Also bought a Spotify-card from ICA today and having the same problem. 

If you have a look around this forum you will see that there are many others too having this issue. 

There is a known issue with the code redemption system which has been unoperational from late on Wednesday. The staff are investigating, so just hold tight and this will be fixed soon! 

I would also recommend you have a quick read on this thread as it has some staff posts on it 🙂

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I'm one more victim as you guys... F**K... I just want my 2 moths Premium!!!

Hey there,

Could you guys try again this morning? We've had some reports of cards working again now....
Airhorn Enthusiast

Just bought my £30 Spotify Gift Card in London but when I try to redeem code all I see is an error page "No data received / Unable to load the web page because the server sent no data". 

Already tried in Chrome, Opera, Firefox, Internet Explorer, all of them show the same error page. 

Don't know what to do. Please, help me!

I'm having the same problem, bugs me since it's costs so much. I've tried chrome and IE, nothing works.

Got issues with my spotify gift card as well...been trying since saturday and at the beginning it said "The Premium code you entered is invalid" and now it can't even load the page.

When will this be solved?

Where do I turn if I continue to get error for my code?

I can't redeem the code: in Safari it loads a blank page while in Chrome here is what I get: 

No data received
Unable to load the webpage because the server sent no data.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this webpage later.
Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): The server closed the connection without sending any data.

Now is working perfect! Thanks Spotify!

It's not working for me, do you have to put dashes in between the spaces on your card? Getting really frustrated.

I am having the same problem here.

Oops! Something went wrong, please try again or check out our help area

This is my message when I try entering in my gift card. Trying to redeem my gift card I accidentially charged my account that I set up when I used my free trial. So I currently have premium, but that is only because I was charged the $9.99. 

Please help.

@johnreilly10 wrote:

I am having the same problem here.

Oops! Something went wrong, please try again or check out our help area

This is my message when I try entering in my gift card. Trying to redeem my gift card I accidentially charged my account that I set up when I used my free trial. So I currently have premium, but that is only because I was charged the $9.99. 

Please help.

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

If you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they should be able to help you out 😉

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Yea same here. Glad to know i paid for this faulty service. I even returned the card and got a new one thinking it was the code or something. Nope, just some ridiculous bug that Spotify doesnt seem to give a **bleep** about seeing as how a large number of their "valued customers" are having this shared issue. Good job Spotify, Rhapsody and Pandora must be treating you real nice.

Suggested posts