Related Artist tab not appearing for several bands

Solved!

Related Artist tab not appearing for several bands

Arodrules
Regular

Their are certain band that have no related artists topic appearing on certain bands pages. how many plays does a band need before the related artist tab appear on their so artist radio? I tried two bands elctrikchair 's artist radio doesnt work due to not have the related artist tab yet At the Skylines does even though their related artist tab is missing. How long before the Related Artist section appears? How many plays and listeners does it need to get one?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Related Artist tab not appearing for several bands

Peter__
Community Legend
As mentioned above, those pages are generated dynamically from people's listening habits, but it does take quite a bit of data for the pages to be generated. Unfortunately it does mean some smaller bands really struggle to get those pages.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Jude
Spotify Legend

I'm sorry. I don't have any figures for you. It does take some time for listening data to build up. I guess it requires a certain amount of users for a start. I presume that Related Artists becomes active once it is full - ie there is a whole page of artists to display.

All I can say is, don't worry, it does appear after a while, even for the most obscure.

Arodrules
Regular

Ok gottcha then why does at the skylines work when there are no related artists?

Jude
Spotify Legend

Good question. I don't think the Artist Radio uses Related Artist info anymore. Its algorithm and data comes from a service called Echonest.

Arodrules
Regular

How do I add bands to it so they can have the artist radio work?

Jude
Spotify Legend

I don't think you can add bands to it. It collects information all on its own :)

Arodrules
Regular

Do you know how to use it? I looked at it and I was lost lol

Jude
Spotify Legend

Echonest, as far as I know, does not accept input from individuals. It finds it's own way of collecting information. In short, there isn't any way of telling the system that you think Band A is related to Band B.

RabertBParker

Well Echonest sucks because they are not even close on many related artists. They wont accept input, but they should because they are clueless!!

jimbose
Casual Listener

Hi, I'm having the same related artists issue with couple of bands.

Both bands have 11 followers and less than 1000 listens, so why no related artists displaying with (Screenshot) ss02?

Screenshots attached to better illustrate.

Thanks,

J

ss01.png
ss02.png
SUGGESTED POSTS