Plan

Free

Country - Australia

Device

iphone SE & PC

Operating System

iOS13.7 & Windows 10 Pro

My Question or Issue

I have my original Spotify email and have forgotten the password.

I submitted the reset email to my original account and have NEVER received the reset email.  I have tried this many times (over 20+ over a number of days, so it is not a delay.  Also checked Junk/Spam folder and it is NOT in there)  The only message I ever got was "  The CSRF token is invalid. Please try to resubmit the form."   I resubmitted and still never received an email reset.

This is TOTALLY a Spotify Tech Problem and the onus should not be put back on me to give information, like "what song I last played", or "what playlists do I have".   I don't have either of this information as I didn't really like Spotify (which is not improving- wonder why???) so can't remember those things as it has been a long time since I used the account.  A RESET EMAIL is for exactly that purpose!!  To RESET your own associated account.  I own the email.  I can't use the email to make a new account as it is already in use... !!  Yes, by me!  I can't delete the account with this original email and start again with it, as I don't know the password.  Spotify wont delete because I don't know their stupid questions and they can't send a reset email to that account (apparently they tried to send manually and failed) so I can reset the password...... the circle of death !!

After 3 hours of online chat the best advice I was given was to start a new account with another email.  This is totally unacceptable as I have now lost all music or whatever I did have on the original email.

I now have two emails linked to Spotify which is also not acceptable and I don't really want it linked to the email that I am using for it.  It should be my choice which email I have associated with an App.

This is a totally Rubbish as I have had to make an account with the second email so that I can actually post this.

Really how hard can it be to get a reset email sent to your own email address so you can reset your own password on an App??????

3 Replies

Hey @Verity62 ,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Community.

Can you please try the following things:

• Following the steps listed here using an incognito window
  • Clearing your browser's cache and cookies to see if it makes a difference
  • Following the steps in the article linked above, but on a different device

Let me know how it goes 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have tried all these suggestions... a number of times.  Still nothing works to send me the reset email.

Thanks for letting me know, @Verity62 ,

In this case, I'd recommend creating a new account with another email and then following the public playlists you have on your old account from your new account.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts