Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Same name used for my personal profile and my artist page on Spotify

Same name used for my personal profile and my artist page on Spotify

Hi, 

I've been using Spotify for a long time, it's connected to my Facebook account therefore my personal name is used as username.

PROBLEM: I also use my name for my music and people get very confused when they look up my artist page on Spotify. They always end up on my personal profile, not my artist page. 

As my profile is connected to Facebook (tried to disconnect Facebook app from my Spotify profile, didn't change anything, can't change my name on Facebook because I use it as my artist page) - and I can't change my artist name on Spotify or any streaming platform once an album is live... I'm running out of solutions and am a bit desperate.

Would you guys be kind enough to help me? 

Thanks

Raph

3 Replies

Hey @raphae!

Thanks for reaching out. 

We can see how that might be confusing. If you like, you can create a new account at spotify.com/signup and choose a new display name. 

Once you're happy with the look of your new account, reach out to our support team with the contact form, and they'll help move your followers, playlists, and saved music from your old account to your new one. 

We hope that helps. Let us know how you get on!

Thanks!! 

But does that mean that I'll have to pay for two overlapping accounts in the meantime?

Hey @raphae!

No, that shouldn't be the case 🙂

Did you manage to reach out to the team and get this figured out?

We'll be right here if you need anything else.

Suggested posts