Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Secondary/Duplicate Account Problem

Secondary/Duplicate Account Problem

A secondary Spotify account was created using my Facebook. Now I cannot link my Facebook with my original Spotiy account. I have tried to deactivate the duplicate account, but I'm not able to. Could a Moderator or Employee please help me with this problem?

8 Replies

Having the same issue. Want to add, I never created a second account. Spotify seems to have done this for me in some way, I'm assuming it might be because of a change in my email/login information over at FB. The advice offered isn't helpful because it's telling me to deactivate my other account, which it says has my subscription, but when I look at this account my subscription is there. How can I deavtivate something I never created and have no login information for?

I have this problem too and now I can't pull up any of my playlists from my Premium account.  This is so annoying.  Spotify should fix this.  Waiting to hear back from support.

I have this same problem - just upgraded my laptop so needed to re download Spotify - now I have one account connected to my facebook account with none of my playlists and another one on my phone.

Can someone help?

Gemsylucy - It looks like your Facebook account is linked to your Spotify. Just in case though, make sure you log in with the username 'gemsylucy' and your Spotify password. You'll then access your original account.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hi Sam - that's exactly what I have done - the trouble is when I do this on my laptop none of my playlists are available. I'm wondering if my phone is linking to a totally different account altogether. I have the Android app and can't seem to access the account name to double check this. Could you help me understand how.

I am in the exact same boat, would love some assistance. 

This really doesn't answer my problem I'm afraid - and neither does the random email I just received below:

PLEASE LOOK AT THE ORIGINAL PROBLEM - DUPLICATE ACCOUNTS DUE TO FACEBOOK - AND LET ME KNOW HOW I CAN RECOVER MY OLD ACCOUNT WHICH ISN'T LINKED TO FACEBOOK

Hello gemsylucy,

You have 1 update for your The Spotify Community Subscriptions.

Subscription to Topic: Secondary/Duplicate Account Problem (1 Update)
There was a new Reply.
Subject:  Re: Secondary/Duplicate Account Problem
Author:csy (New Member)
Date:10-04-2012 07:47 PM

View

To manage your subscriptions or to change your subscription options, click here.

If this link doesn't work:

1. Log on to The Spotify Community.
  2. Click My Profile.
  3. Click the Subscriptions & Bookmarks tab.
  4. Change your settings and click Save Changes.

Thanks for being a The Spotify Community member.

Your The Spotify Community Team

The Spotify Community sent this message to gemmay@google.com.

Don't want to receive emails from us? Just click here.

csy- I can see your 'hackeyesup' account is properly linked to your personal Facebook profile. Are you still having any trouble logging in or seeing your playlists?

gemsylucy- As Sam said earlier your 'gemsylucy' account is also properly connected to your Facebook.  

This account has numerous playlists and has been on Premium for months. If you log out and log back in using only your 'gemsylucy' username and Spotify password (not your email address) you will be directed to that Premium account. 

However, if you're still not seeing the playlists you're expecting, perhaps you've made a duplicate account on our system with an entirely new email address. If so, just fill out our contact form so we can take a look (about us > contact).

Suggested posts