Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Security and billing

Security and billing

From one evening to the next morning my playlists had disappeared and I`d been degraded from an unlimited account to a free account. It seems someone (or a machine) had created a new account. I certainly did not create a new account. On browsing through the community I noticed that this happens quite frequently. I find this fact disturbing to say the least. My playlists have been restored and one account was deleted but I`m still on free. I was told to feel free to start a new subscription. In view of the lax security measures, I am now reluctant to do so with a CC for obvious reasons and I am not sure whether I won`t be billed for two unlimited accounts. Does someone have experience with the same or a similar problem?

Christian

2 Replies

I don't think it is lax security measures, there was an issue caused by the most recent update which has caused a number of people to create duplicate accounts in the system, and once that happens the real account gets "lost" in the system - it is something the team are looking into. 

As for your subscription, if support told you to start another then I would go ahead and do that, if worst comes to worst and you do get billed twice - I have never known Spotify not to refund someone who has an extra account.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

@ Peter: Thanx for your answer. Having read the new problems arisen and around since I last posted I`m not quite sure that Spotified has got its update problems under control. Its seems more like that they`re extinguishing fires here and there rather than getting the whole system under control. I guess I`ll wait and see what happens before I subscribe to Spotify again.

Christian

Suggested posts