Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Seems this took a while - please click the reset link in the email you recieved again to continue.

Solved!

Seems this took a while - please click the reset link in the email you recieved again to continue.

I need to reset my password but I keep getting this message after I submitted the reset form:

Seems this took a while

You have been logged out for security reasons, please click the reset link in the email you recieved again to continue.

Honestly, after approx. 10 new reset links of which I clicked each several times in the last days I'm pissded.

And believe me, I did my homework. I looked for solutions in the help forum. I logged out of everything that is in any way connected to Spotify: the player, facebook, the spotify website of course. How fast do you want me to be? I can't do it faster. Or do you want me to script the whole procedure?!

Please don't send me a special e-mail with some special link just for me which will make it possible just for me to reset the password just this time. Please fix the problem!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

FORGET IT SPOTIFY TEAM!!!

I've just remembered my password.... It was quicker than your answer...

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Sorry to hear you're having this problem derdaumen. Please drop us an email through our contact form and we'll do what we can to help you out.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

For others who might come across the same issue. In the end they send me an e-mail with a link that worked. I don't know if the original problem got solved though.....

Hi I also had this problem today. I'll post what I posted earlier in another thread as I would really like this sorted ASAP

"Hi I forgot my password to spotify after changing it yesterday (I had a new card and was updating it, and then had to contact my bank as they flagged up me putting my card details into spotify saying it was a "suspicious transaction", but it was eventually allowed after I explained to them I had indeed made it), and when I tried to change it using the same method today (getting a link sent to my email to reset my password ) I was sent to a page with two pieces of text saying " "Seems this took a while"" and ""You have been logged out for security reasons, please click the reset link in the email you recieved again to continue" whilst refusing to let me to acutually change it.

I filled out a support form on the spotify website and Got an email back from guy called  "Mark" at support@spotify.com who asked for my date of birth and the last 4 digits of my card which if it was proven it was me I would be sent a link to reset my password and hopefully reset my account. This was more than three hours ago, and I still haven't recieved a reply. 

This has been hugely stressful for me, as I suffer from anxiety issues and I've had to put my day on hold waiting for a solution whilst expressing my dismay about this on social networking sites. I love using Spotify, and I am perfectly happy to pay for it each month, but If I cannot acutually access it, then I might be forced to cancel it. I also think as brilliant as your musical service is, as a company your customer service side of things is dire compared to other big companies I have dealt with and would be much improved by having a contact phone number as otherwise these things seem to drag on forever without being resolved with paying customers being left without the service they paid for,"

case number Case #: 00596075

I have the same problem!!!

I've been trying to re-set my password several times.. I always received the "reset" e-mail and then when I click on the link.. I always get the message:

"Seems this took a while - please click the reset link in the email you recieved again to continue"

and guess what? NOT POSSIBLE TO RESET MY PASSWORD...I already log out of all my devices (iphone, ipod).. even log out of the facebook.. but still it's not working.. and the worse is that since I can't remember my current password I CAN'T USE MY spotify premium account.....

I've been a premium client for a year or more, and I was really happy, but this is driving me crazy.. I hve the feeling that since spotofy started to link stuff with the FB accounts it's having a lot of problems..

Please somebody help me I can't live without my spotify music...

Marked as solution

FORGET IT SPOTIFY TEAM!!!

I've just remembered my password.... It was quicker than your answer...

Suggested posts