Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Accounts

Get help with logging in, passwords, and account settings.

Start a topic

Forum Posts

How to Prevent Third-Party Apps from Misusing Your Spotify Account

I recently discovered that a third-party app was using some Spotify accounts to sell streams, and this led me to understand the importance of managing third-party apps' access to my account. Here is how you can prevent this from happening to you. Fir...

• Rising Star 4
  • Rising Star 4
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes
  • Security
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes

Solved!! Spotify friends activity empty/not updating

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDevicePcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor several months (pretty much years at this point), my Spotify friends feed has not been updating, it only shows 1 friend I have, while it should have a dozen others. T...

• Casual Listener
  • Not applicable
  • 970 replies
  • 108 likes
  • Account
  • 970 replies
  • 108 likes

Solved!! How can i change my my spotify username?

Hi! This is probably been asked a lot before, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for. I got my spotify account some years ago, and I made my account through facebook. My problem is that I really want to connect spotify to other devises e...

• Not applicable
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes
  • Account
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes

Solved!! Unknown people logging in

My Question or IssueI have got four emails over the past two days about people from other countries logging into my spotify account. I am from Australia and I have had people from the United States, Russia, Finland and Israel log in to my account. Af...

• Casual Listener
  • Hobbit70
  • Visitor
  • 70 replies
  • 11 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 70 replies
  • 11 likes

Premium Account Devices

So I am thinking about getting a premium account and although I have read that I can have 3 devices (my iphone, hubby's android, and my laptop) I am wondering if we can both be on the account on our phones at the same time AND if we have to listen to...

• So I am thinking about getting a premium account and although I have read that I can have 3 devices (my iphone, hubby's android, and my laptop) I am wondering if we can both be on the account on our ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

So my card has been charged for the past 4 months. More details inside.

I signed my card up for the premium membership in November of 2012. I'm not sure if at that time the clarity was lacking in the area of the automatic fee, or the option to switch back to a free member w/advertisements. Either way, recently I've been ...

• I signed my card up for the premium membership in November of 2012. I'm not sure if at that time the clarity was lacking in the area of the automatic fee, or the option to switch back to a free membe...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Impossible to log in

Hello I have been using my spotty account, a spotty unlimited count. It has been working OK until one week. At firs, It wasn´t possible to play any song, neither my playlist or others. After that, I tried to log out and sign in, But I couldn't´t sign...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello   I have been using my spotty account, a spotty unlimited count. It has been working OK until one week. At firs, It wasn´t possible to play any song, neither my playlist or others. After...
  • JoseluisRios
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

I want my ex to stop Following me on Spotify

I don't think that this should be impossible and I think its silly you can't controll who follows what you are listening to, and claiming the "best" thing to do is delete all your playlists, make them all private and such nonsense!

• Casual Listener
  • I don't think that this should be impossible and I think its silly you can't controll who follows what you are listening to, and claiming the "best" thing to do is delete all your playlists, make the...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

To pay subscription via iTunes

Because they don't allow me to pay my spotify subscription for my iTunes bills. For better comfort.

• Because they don't allow me to pay my spotify subscription for my iTunes bills. For better comfort.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify deleted my account and charged me advance annual fee - no reply from customer service

Here's what's happenedI started a trial of your premium service on the 20th of February. I chose to pay monthly after that using paypalnow, after 1 month1) my account has been deactivated for no reason - it simply doesn't allow me to log in and doesn...

• Regular
  • Here's what's happened I started a trial of your premium service on the 20th of February. I chose to pay monthly after that using paypal now, after 1 month 1) my account has been deactivated for...
  • pisquano
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

KPN with auto-downgrade from Premium to Free is TERRIBLE!!!

So many times my account keeps downgrading from Premium to Free while i am paying for Premium!! The KPN Helpdesk in The Netherlands is just terrible, let you wait forever or suddenly the line drops. It's 3 months later and the problem is STILL NOT FI...

• Visitor
  • So many times my account keeps downgrading from Premium to Free while i am paying for Premium!!  The KPN Helpdesk in The Netherlands is just terrible, let you wait forever or suddenly the line d...
  • djvantol
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

My spotify premium 30 day trial

My spotify premium 30 day trial won't let me do anything but the radio. I also tried downloading the premium and that did work either. What's wrong with it?

• My spotify premium 30 day trial won't let me do anything but the radio. I also tried downloading the premium and that did work either. What's wrong with it?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Wrong playlists

I have had some trouble logging in the last days and now when I am finally getting in my playlists are gone and replaced by someone elses playlists. Please help! I want my playlists back... // Daniel

• I have had some trouble logging in the last days and now when I am finally getting in my playlists are gone and replaced by someone elses playlists. Please help! I want my playlists back... // Daniel
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't login to my Spotify Account!!

Hi, Ok so my Partner and I just bought 2 Kindles. I accidentally linked my facebook account to her spotify account. Now that *i think* I unlinked it, I cannot find or login to my original soptify account. I can't remember if I joined through facebook...

• Hi,    Ok so my Partner and I just bought 2 Kindles.  I accidentally linked my facebook account to her spotify account.  Now that *i think* I unlinked it, I cannot find or login...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Login Trouble

I am unable to connect to Spotify from both my computer and iPhone. On my computer I get the error code of 112 that says it cant connect. I am able to login but not connect. Help?

• Casual Listener
  • I am unable to connect to Spotify from both my computer and iPhone.  On my computer I get the error code of 112 that says it cant connect.  I am able to login but not connect.   Help?
  • dajoga13
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant change my country!

Hey, when i first got Spotify i was living in Sweden. When i decided to move to Norway about 2 years ago i changed my country to Norway. Problem is, i've been living in Sweden for about 6 months now and I cant change my country back to Sweden, its al...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey, when i first got Spotify i was living in Sweden. When i decided to move to Norway about 2 years ago i changed my country to Norway.   Problem is, i've been living in Sweden for about 6 mo...
  • Jowel89
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Unlimited/premium

I have just purchased the spotify unlimited only then to realise I can't even listen to my music with that. Can I get a refund?

• I have just purchased the spotify unlimited only then to realise I can't even listen to my music with that. Can I get a refund?
  • jonski_83
  • Gig Goer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Not able to convert the premium account to a unlimited account

Hello, I bought a girftcard for a spotify premium account but somewhere in the process of suscribing I made a mistake and now I have a 2 month premium account which I can't upgrade to an Unlimited Account because I do not own a mastercard/paypal or a...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I bought a girftcard for a spotify premium account but somewhere in the process of suscribing I made a mistake and now I have a 2 month premium account which I can't upgrade to an Unl...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

recover deleted playlist

I have deleted a playlist by accident, can you please recover it for me?

• Casual Listener
  • I have deleted a playlist by accident, can you please recover it for me?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Latest Update is a shambles

Your latest update has disabled one of the best functionalities - The People's List! Replaced by the Activity Bar - I have no idea what is going on? Your suggestions do not match my activity or likes, I loved Spotify for the ability to build my own n...

• Regular
  • Your latest update has disabled one of the best functionalities - The People's List!  Replaced by the Activity Bar - I have no idea what is going on?  Your suggestions do not match my activ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Just to inform you of double billing..

I came back to premium after a week or so of not having it. I have been billed twice and my sibscription has been billed from 20th March until 20th of May. This is not a problem but I wanted to let you know it happened in the first place. I only clic...

• Roadie
  • I came back to premium after a week or so of not having it. I have been billed twice and my sibscription has been billed from 20th March until 20th of May. This is not a problem but I wanted to let y...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Does Unlimited get rid of ads on the iPhone?

Self-explanatory question. If I get unlimited, will I get the radio on my iPhone with no ads?

• Casual Listener
  • Self-explanatory question. If I get unlimited, will I get the radio on my iPhone with no ads?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Out of date gift card, can anything be done?

I was given a gift card last year the previous Christmas, but have just found it an have not used it.When I received it Instead of using it I (stupidly) signed up to a paid subscription as I was going travelling for a couple months and didn't want th...

• Casual Listener
  • I was given a gift card last year the previous Christmas, but have just found it an have not used it. When I received it Instead of using it I (stupidly) signed up to a paid subscription as I was go...
  • Keviniho
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

lost premium

3 days ago suddenly whas my premium account goneonly free account whas therei need login for premium account i have it ffor about 2 years now and never problemswhat happens and how i fix iti dont now my my premium account logginsarie

• Casual Listener
  • 3 days ago suddenly whas my premium account gone only free account whas there i need login for premium account i have it ffor about 2 years now and never problems what happens and how i fix it i ...
  • ariejansen
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes