Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Set my friend up with a login so they don't stuff up my configurations

Set my friend up with a login so they don't stuff up my configurations

Hi everyone.

I have a premium account which my friend logs into sometimes.  His taste in music is different to mine and it's affecting my configurations.  I'm considering upgrading to a dual.  Will the music he listens to still affect my discover weekly and release radar?

Cheers

Toby

1 Reply

Hi @a_sfhmx-ic32h,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

With the Premium Duo plan, each of the two members of the plan has their own account with their own saved music, playlists, and recommendations (including Discover Weekly and Release Radar). Thus, if you start a Duo plan that your friend joins, he would have his own account to listen to and save music with, so his activity wouldn’t continue to influence your recommendations.

Bear in mind that for the Premium Duo plan, your friend has to reside at the same address as you; and would need to have a Spotify account or start one in order to join the Premium Duo plan with. You can read more about Premium Duo here.

If you’d like to start a Duo plan with your friend, you or your friend can click here to subscribe to Premium Duo; and then the owner of the subscription can follow the steps listed here to invite the other member.

Let us know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts