Setting up Spotify Family

Setting up Spotify Family

nsomers
Regular

I have subscribed to spotify family. I have added family members however they did not receive the email. 2 of them were previously subscribed to the free month trial and perhaps this is the issue. I am very frustrated as I have paid for spotify family and yet my family are unable to creat their own accounts. 

14 Replies

Re: Setting up Spotify Family

wingshq
Community Legend

Hey @nsomers, welcome to the Spotify Community.

Here is a thread where everything regarding the family plan is explained very good. Please go through it and let me know if you still have an issue with adding members.

Spotify Family Q&A

nsomers
Regular

I have read through it and it did not solve my problem unfortunately. This is the message that comes up when I follow the link that my family member sent me 

"Sorry! You're already a member of this (or another) Family plan. Please click below to switch to the account that you want to join to the Family plan." when I click on the option to switch account the same message just reappears. 

nsomers
Regular

Also not all of my family members even received the e-mail eventhough they're e-mails have been entered in the manage your family accounts section. I am very confused! I thought spotify would be easy to set up but it's proving very difficult. 

wingshq
Community Legend

@nsomers

just to be sure im getting that right: You are invited to a family plan, correct? Do you have set up your own account? Or are you using the account of the person you have invited?

nsomers
Regular

I am the one stting up the family spotify. I am also ensuring that everyone is successfully added in as I have access to their e-mails. I am setting up the whole thing so I am essentially the person inviting and invited to the family plan. If that makes sense? 

wingshq
Community Legend

@nsomers that makes perfect sense, just wasnt sure i was understanding correct.

Ok, can you confirm that every member you want to invite has their own Spotify Free or Premium Account?

nsomers
Regular

I created the family account. Typed in the e-mails of the family members I wanted to add.

Now I am checking that they received the e-mail from spotify to allow them to set up their accounts.

They have not received said e-maila and those that have the message I have previously mentioned is appearing. 

nsomers
Regular

no not all of them do. 

2 have never used spotify before.

2 have previously had spotify accounts. 

wingshq
Community Legend

Ok, now i see the problem. Every Family member needs their own account in Spotify. All members should sign up for a free acoount. Before that they cant receive invitation to a Family Plan. After everyone has created an account invite them again. It should now work.

SUGGESTED POSTS