Free

Country

USA

Device

Samsung from boost mobile

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

I am in the process of starting to record my debut album. I am set up on tunecore and BMI to collect royalties. Spotify will be one of them. I downloaded the spotify app for this reason and also because I enjoy music. I can't seem to figure out how to set up my artist page. It's just basic as if I were just listening to music. I pasted the picture that comes up on the artist page link. I don't have an artist page link to copy so I can edit my artist page. Please help me.

Capture+_2018-07-24-14-16-40.png
6 Replies

Your artist profile should appear when your music is published to Spotify but without a catalog it probably won't exist for claiming. The default content for artist photos, bios, etc comes from AllMusic until the artist customizes it. I would check with Tunecore about their distribution process and how you can be proactive in promoting your release and managing your artist identity in the channels they use.

Oh yeah! And there are two different mobile apps, one for streaming and this one for artist management 🙂
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.spotify.s4a

Ok. I will definitely contact them. You're right, it's one thing to mention
it on social media but for the sites where I will be making money, I'd hope
I would be able to do some beforehand marketing. You can do it on other
sites. Thank you!

Sure thing, and good luck! 

Oh and I’d be interested in hearing how that goes btw so feel free to share what they say! 

Thank you so much. It sure is a process getting all of these little things
accomplished so I don't have to worry about them later.

Suggested posts