Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

She is using my Spotify invites

She is using my Spotify invites

Hi there.

I keep getting emails about recruiting people I have no idea who they are. I only ever used one of my Spotify invites. It happens to be that very same person's name in every single of these emails.

It says "Hi (her name),

you friend (username) has just signed up" and bla bla bla.

I did not use her name when I made my account, neither did I change it to hers. I have not been sending information to others so they can sign up, I have no idea what's going on.

As I go to school with this girl I happen to know that she happens to be quite the b*tch. So it's very possible that she's doing this stuff through my account on purpose. I'm wondering, how does she manage to do this? When I got the first email, I changed my password. But I keep getting them. So how is she doing it, and how can I stop it?

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies

Hey, this is an option you can turn off easily in your profile settings: https://www.spotify.com/account/profile/

Screen shot 2012-05-01 at 18.42.50.png

I'm not sure why her name is appearing on your emails though. When you sign into Spotify is it your name that appears in the top right?

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Yes, it's my name in the actual... Spotify program, yaknow.

But always hers in the emails, as she's the one sending invites to her friends.

I don't only want to stop recieving the emails about what she's doing, I want her to stop doing them.

But I don't know how to stop it, since I don't know how she's doing it in the first place.

We don't use invites any more. The emails now get sent when any of your friends from Facebook join Spotify. That's how it should work anyway.

Perhaps we'll need to look into this more closely, which will involve having to get some personal details. So drop us a line through our contact form so one of our advisors can pick it up.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Suggested posts