Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shuffle is bad, considering cancelling subscription.

Shuffle is bad, considering cancelling subscription.

Hi Spotify,

I have been a premium user since 2010, but I have to say I am fed up of with your 'shuffle'. Please stop playing the same songs over and over. I have a suggestion to make:

Set the algorithm so that it DOESN'T play the SAME song within a time period of several hours unless ALL songs in that playlist have been played. It's not rocket science. 

I am sick to death of hearing the same songs over and over. 

7 Replies

Hey there @darbyjack!

That doesn't sound right! As far as I know Spotify already has algorithms in place to prevent two songs from playing short after each other. 

Let's try see how we can fix this issue:

1. Try turning repeat off? This should prevent the song from even being considered twice 
  2. Check that you don't have two copies of the same song that is being repeated

Does this solve the issue? 

That doesn't solve the issue unfortunately. This has been going on for a number of years now. I don't believe Spotify are being 100% honest about how their algorithmns work. It tends to favor certain songs/ artists and ignore others (probably due to cost per play/ licensing)

@darbyjack

Mmm, okay let's try something else:

I suggest you try a clean reinstall and see if this helps, This usually fixes most problems 🙂

Note: This will remove any saved offline tracks and cache 🙂 

Are you still haveing this issue?

This won't solve the issue unfortunately. It happens across the board on multiple devices, irregardless of how many times they have been reinstalled. Spotify's shuffle algorithmn is broken and it has been a long running complaint from users now. It just simply is not random 😞 

@darbyjack

Mmm, okay I'll escalate this to Spotify staff and get back to you ASAP 🙂

Thank you

Hey @darbyjack

I just spoke to Spotify staff, they have taken this as feedback and will make sure this is sent to the right teams 🙂 

in the meantime, you can leave a comment here as well explaining what's happening and Spotify will take a look at it 🙂

Suggested posts