Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shuffle play

Solved!

Shuffle play

I'd like to some times listen to the songs in order rather than jumping all over the list. How do I change shuffle play? Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Does your account show as premium under Subscription Status on this page?:

https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

My account does show I have a premium account. So I should have no shuffle playback. Is there any thing I need to do? Thanks so much for all the help. I really appreciate it!

View solution in original post

20 Replies

What device are you using? 

Peter

I am using my IPhone.

Do you have Spotify Premium?

Non-shuffle playback is a Premium only feature on iPhone.

Peter

I believe I do have Premium. I am attempting to get my subscription info, update my info, etc. & every place I go I hit a wall. The contact info form is useless. Peter can you offer some solution? Thank you!
Marked as solution

Does your account show as premium under Subscription Status on this page?:

https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

Peter

Marked as solution

My account does show I have a premium account. So I should have no shuffle playback. Is there any thing I need to do? Thanks so much for all the help. I really appreciate it!

Try logging out and back into the app again. With Premium if you tap on the now playing bar at the bottom of the app (when playing content) then press the "i" in the top left corner you should have an option to enable/disable shuffle on that screen.

Peter

Peter the directions you gave me are not working. I hit the "I" in the left corner of the screen but there nothing shown to enable or disable shuffle play. Help please!

@Cal -- after tapping that 'i' or the album artwork, are you seeing a screen with multiple buttons, including Add To..., Share..., Start Radio, etc.? If so, underneath that you should see two options, one called Shuffle and one called Repeat.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

@Cal - If you can't see those buttons, would it be possible to grab us a screenshot of the Now Playing View?

Peter

Yes Adam I see the screen with multiple buttons & the options for shuffle & repeat. What's next?

Peter, I am really appreciating all the help with this shuffle play issue. So much closer to resolving it I hope. Thanks!

Can you not tap the Shuffle button to enable/disable shuffle of your playback?

Peter

I kind od similar issue:

I noticed that when i click on my playlist (on laptop, Samsung Galaxy Tab2 or Samsung S3) if i try shuffle, it's at 80% the same song to listen. (I'm Premium)

How is programmed the shuffle mode? Maybe the logarythm must be changed

Good news is Spotify have announced upcoming changes to how shuffle works!:
http://labs.spotify.com/2014/02/28/how-to-shuffle-songs/

Peter

I just downloaded spotify on my android phone and ipad. On my phone it limits me to 6 skips per hour, but on my ipad I can keep skipping forever. Is this a glitch? I want to make sure I didn't accidentally choose the premium service or something,

No that's about right. The tablet is more closely aligned to spotify on desktop. There's a chart here which may help. (Skips are in the small print at the bottom).

I am having the same problem I just got premium and my iphone 5s and my itouch both still only let me use the shuffle play, I also don't get the repeat & shuffle option. Is this just how it is or is there a way to fix this?

@rockpatrol - Tapping a track rather than pressing the shuffle button should start on demand playback. You should also be able to toggle shuffle and repeat on and off from the Now Playing screen (tap the now playing track at the bottom).

If you can't see those options, then make sure you are playing from a playlist or Your Music, they disappear when you are playing a radio station.

Peter

Suggested posts