Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Signed on for Family plan. 2 family members can't separately play music from 2 different devices

Signed on for Family plan. 2 family members can't separately play music from 2 different devices

So I was sick of getting kicked off my streaming music when my husband decided to play spotify from his iphone elsewhere.  So I joined the family plan but it's still happening.  What gives?  He did sign out of my account and log into his account so I can't figure this out.

4 Replies

Hi @pamelay2000, welcome to the community!

Each one of you should use this link to see if you're really logging in your respective accounts:

https://www.spotify.com/br/account/overview/

Let me know if it solves the issue 🙂

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi

I have the same problem. Whenever my dauighter plays Spotify on her device, I get kicked off my Spotify, even though we are both on Family Premium. 

Did you manage to find a solution?

Thanks

Stephen

It's now 2021 and this is still an issue. I have confirmed that all my family members are logged in separately on their devices, yet we are still unable to use spotify on our own devices at the same time without kicking the other person off.

Please provide a solution!

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear that this is happening.

You need to make sure that every member is logged in with a seperate account (seperate email address and username) on their device. 

The best way to do that is to go onto your Account Page and under  Manage your family accounts you should be able to see all the accounts active in your family plan. 

Also, can you clarify what you mean by "kicking the other person off", because if you're logged in with the same account on multiple devices, you won't be kicked out. The only thing that can happen is that playback may stop for one device, while music is playing on the other.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts