Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Someone Created a Spotify Account with My Email Address...

Someone Created a Spotify Account with My Email Address...

The account I'm logged into right now apparently had a free 2 day trial that expired...

The issue is, I never signed up for said account...

I have not recieed any confirmation emails of the accounts creation (only an email indicating the expiration).  Durring this same period I have not noticed anything unusual about my email, seemingly the only thing missing (if anything) would be the spotify confirmation emails.  In addition to this I receved both the account expiration notice as well as the reset password notice I used in order to log in...

One thing that really has me confused is the zip code used on this account.  It was a fake zip code (an obviously fake zip code)...  What is more about it is that if I go to the my account page and try to update some settings (without modifying the zip code field), Spotify won't let me because it indicates the zip code is invalid...

In short, spotify won't let me change my account settings because it is detecting a fake zip code, however the sytem somehow allowed said zip code to be used to create the account...

3 Replies

Hi, and welcome to the community!

I suggest you submit an online contact form; and someone at Spotify will take a look and probably be able to remove that account for you so you can create an account that you own with your email address.

If you get an automated reply which tells you to come back to the community; make sure to reply directly to it (even if it's from a no-reply) and one of the Spotify staff will look at it again.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Hey there bobbyt-me! Welcome to the Spotify community.

I sincerely apologize for the struggle your going through with trying to find out exactly what is going on with your account. For the staff to better respond to your situation, please contact them through this form. By filling out that form and submitting it, the professional staff will be able to better assist you, :).

Edit #1:

Merp, AnthonyB beat me to it, xD.

Spotify on!
Mikey

Spotify | Twitter

Did you like this post? Please add kudos below!
Did this post solve your issue? Accept it as a solution below!

Hey there and welcome to the community!

If you need help with account related things, just use online contact form. Spotify customer service can then help you with this issue.

Thanks for understanding.

Happy weekend!

Edit: Very slow smiley-confused013.gif

Suggested posts