Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Someone changed my email address and password. What do I do?

Someone changed my email address and password. What do I do?

Upon trying to login to my account so that I could listen to some tunes, I found that I was only able to login through facebook. I went into my account to try to update my password since, when I selected 'Forgot my password,' I never received an email. I immediately saw the problem and tried to change the info but I am unable to without knowing what the password is. As you can see, I'm in a bit of a pickle. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

9 Replies

Hi and welcome to the community!

First of all go here and click "Sign out everywhere".

Once you done it, contact with Spotify Consumer Support and tell them your problem filling this contact form: https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you receive an automated email that leads you back to the community or help pages, reply to it (even if it's from "no-reply") and one of the Spotify team members will get back to you as soon as possible.

Hope I help! 😄

You can't send them an email if the hacker changed your email address.

Then you need to go here: https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-anonymous/

And answer some question in order to confirm your identity.

Hi, is Spotify experiencing any form for hacking at the moment? Two times i have recieved a message whom tells that my account is used somewhere else. And i found to unknown Androiddevices whom was registered for offline use. I have signed out everywhere and changed the password again. This is not funny and i hope it will stop. 

Freffa22. 🙂 

Hi again. 

I have discovered the problem, it is not any hackingattempt, it is my own Android-device who create the problems. Every time i start syncing music the message "used somewhere else" comes up and i register it in the list of offline devices. Mabye also related to my recent internetconnection issues. 🙂 

Freffa22. 🙂 

That is a reported issue, so hopefully it will be fixed in a future release. Definitely annoying, sorry to hear it caused a panic!

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Even when I respond through the anonymous section it says it will get back to me through the hackers email.

Hello @brewtal, welcome to the Spotify Community!

First, you need to log off your Spotify account in order to use the anonymous contact form.

What do I do? 

Someone did the same to me!

Suggested posts