Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Someone else is accessing/using my account

Someone else is accessing/using my account

Hello good folks, 

I have someone else regularly using my Spotify Premium account. 

I have tried logging out of all my devices, changed all my passwords to facebook and anything else I can think of - and I have done this twice now.

However, someone who speaks portuguese (or just really loves pop/hiphop in the language) is continually accessing my account, adding playlists - I have even regularlyy gotten into 'music wars' with them as they tried to listen to music whilst I was at the same time - changing to a strange device, and interrupting my music.

Please help! I don't know what else I can do.

Brendan

10 Replies

brendamnfine escribió:

Hello good folks, 

I have someone else regularly using my Spotify Premium account. 

I have tried logging out of all my devices, changed all my passwords to facebook and anything else I can think of - and I have done this twice now.

However, someone who speaks portuguese (or just really loves pop/hiphop in the language) is continually accessing my account, adding playlists - I have even regularlyy gotten into 'music wars' with them as they tried to listen to music whilst I was at the same time - changing to a strange device, and interrupting my music.

Please help! I don't know what else I can do.

Brendan

Hi Brendan!

Try to disconnect from Facebook. Follow these steps on the link:

Use Spotify Without Facebook 

Probably that person is hacking your account through Facebook vulnerability. I personally recommend you to use anti-malware software to be sure there is no keylogger or trojan on your PC and Android.

Thanks!

I have disconnected my account from Facebook and reset my password. So far the strange device has not yet appeared and started to hijack my account, so here's hoping it stays that way!

I have standard anti-virus and anti-malware software installed on all my devices, and have been checking them all thoroughly. 

Cheers!

Brendan

brendamnfine escribió:

Thanks!

I have disconnected my account from Facebook and reset my password. So far the strange device has not yet appeared and started to hijack my account, so here's hoping it stays that way!

I have standard anti-virus and anti-malware software installed on all my devices, and have been checking them all thoroughly. 

Cheers!

Brendan

You're welcome!

I hoping it stays that way too, but, for make more sure, go to your account panel on Spotify website, scroll down and click on Apps, if you see 1 or more unknown apps in the list click Revoke Access to all of them.

Good tip... thanks... I've just revoked all of them haha

Good. If you have any problems do not hesitate to write me back. :thumbs up:

I was just Googling this issue and I have the exact same problem. Whoever is using my account is listening to garbage Portuguese hiphop.

Me too....

I am also having this problem with someone listening to portuguese hip hop. Literally just now logged out of all devices.

This is my second post on this thread, albeit a solutions-related one.

No longer do I have this problem. This is how I stopped it:

• I logged out of all devices
  • Disconnected Spotify from Facebook
  • Reset my password

Good luck.

exact same thing happened to me! Hip hop from Portugal playlists... though im not on facebook.
lucky I found out that I was playing this kinda music on discord.

passwrd changed, signed out of all devices, 
there must be some site in portugal sharing other peoples info.

Suggested posts