Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Can't login on my phone via Facebook.

Can't login on my phone via Facebook.

Hello,

Today the Spotify android app had logged me out for some unknown reason and now I can't get back into my account at all. I have only an account made with my Facebook account. I tried to login from my PC and both the website and program worked fine. I removed Spotify from the "Apps" page in Facebook as that's how I used to fix such a bug before - now not working. I generated an "App Password" from Facebook, received the email with my username consisting of many numbers, clicked the link in mail to get a password. Tried this in the android app - nothing. I made another account in Spotify using another email that I have and tried logging in the normal way on my phone - again, nothing, same error(s). The errors I get are the following:

Unable to login, please try again later.

Wrong credentials, try again.

I am sure everything I wrote in (a thousand times) was correct, yet it says it is not.

I really love Spotify but this Facebook login has always been super bugged. Now the old fix of removing Spotify from Apps page in FB doesn't seem to work anymore. I have Facebook Lite on my phone. Thought maybe that's the problem so I downloaded the real FB app, tried again - nothing: same errors. PLEASE help...!

I also tried installing a different Spotify version on my phone as well as clearing the apps' cache/data. Also restarted phone after deleting app and before installing another version. NOTHING I do is working, I lost all hope. Guess I better download all my Spotify songs as mp3s asap, just in case the desktop app bugs too and I lose everything :S Any kind of help is appreciated.

Have a nice evening.

1 Reply

Seems like it was related to my (now old) firmware in some way. After updating it's fine 🙂

Suggested posts