Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Someone else uses my account

Someone else uses my account

Hi,

the last few days someone else is using my account, i found out becuase suddenly it appeared i was listening to french hiphop haha.

no problem i thought, i'll just log out everywhere and change my password.

but i've allways logged in using facebook, and when i wanted to change my password i noticed that the e-mail adress that has been entered isn't correct either.

so this person that has been using my account has probably set a new e-mail and password that i can't change, becuase of the new password that he set wich i don't know. luckily my account is still linked with facebook, so i can allways log in that way and still keep listening untill this is resolved.

can you please help me lock this person out.

Thanks in advance,

Henri Mulder.

3 Replies

Hi @eyesightt!

Welcome to the forums 🙂

Sorry to hear this. in this case I would reccomend that you contact Spotify via Facebook so that they can take a closer look at your account.

Has this solved your issue? If it has please click  ‘Accept as a Solution’ and consider adding a ‘Like’!

Robert_WRock Star 11
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi,

I had warning that i was listening on Spotiamb 0.2.1, which is nothing at all to do with me. I have seen that other users have had the same. I log in through Facebook so have logged out of all locations and changed my Facebook password.  I haven't had the massage for a couple of days but my playback keeps pausing every 2 or 3 songs as if someone else is listening on my account elsewhere.  Please help as this is worrying and extremely annoying.

Regards,

Steve

Hi Henri! As the previous user recommended, contact Spotify directly and they should be able to help you lock that hacker out of your account. Also, contact the company that was used to create an email in your name and make sure that is deleted so that the hacker cannot use it again. I hope this helps!

Suggested posts