Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Someone else using my account

Someone else using my account

Someone was using my account so i changed my password. However, the problem remained after that i changed my password. Spotify then decided to shut down my account even for me, instead of looking at where the account was used, which i asked for. Now the only way of getting my account back is to send in a receipt of my spotify premium payment. However, my dad pays for my spotify account and he is on vacation for another week and cant get that to me until hes back. 
My issue clearly is that I cant lsisten to Spotify until hes back. 
Spotify claims that they only follow routine but what I do not understand is how me getting a receip showing that I am the rightful owner of the Spotify account, will change the fact that someone hacked on to my account after me changing the password. The only way of getting to the bottom of this would be to look at IP-addresses, which you at Spotify definitely can do.

Best regards,

Benjamin Hjalmarsson

1 Reply

Hi, @benblueliner 

Welcome to the Spotify Community, we're sorry to hear that you're having troubles with your account.

Don't worry, our Accounts team can take a closer look at this. You can get in touch with them from any of our social media help sites: @SpotifyCares on Twitter and Spotify Cares on Facebook. Just send them a private message with your account's email address and username.

You can also use our Contact Form to get email support

Don't hesitate to drop us a message if you need us again.

Suggested posts