Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Someone else using my account

Someone else using my account

Hi,

I am having a reoccuring issue where somebody else's Spotify activity is being associated with my account. My occunt is linked to Facebook and I discovered it when I saw that posts were being made to my profile about listening to music that I never have and never would listen to. Naturally, I logged into my account and logged out from all devices. I also changed my Facebook password just be be safe.

However, the issue persists, where maybe once or twice a week somebody else's music is showing up in my history. I doubt someone is directly accessing my account, given that I have changed passwords and there is no other strange activity on my Facebook profile, so perhaps someone else's Spotify accout is being confusing with mine?

I have no playlists of mine deleted, but the unknown users saved playlists are showing up for me. None of the actual music I play is showing up in my Facebook history!

8 Replies

Hey @chewsadkeanu

I'm sorry to hear that. 

If you account is hacked, I suggest you to use this alternative contact form so that you can specify an email for support to reply back to:

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-anonymous/

You can also get in contact with SpotifyCares on Twitter.

Let me know if this helps. Good luck!

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi Bittencourt,

I don't believe my account is hacked, as I have changed all my passwords and there have been no authorised logins to the Facebook account I use (I would get emails and notifications if a device besides my home computer and phone login to Facebook). Similarly none of my emails are compromised (no strange activity and I have full access to them).

Hey @chewsadkeanu!

Thanks for replying and Welcome to the Community!

I'd suggest the same as @Bittencourt and reach out to the Spotify Team, they'll be able to tell if there has been a possible breach from another device through there software backstage and they'll ensure the account is secure, but it's entirely your call 🙂

Happy Rocking!

Hey chewsadkeanu!

The exact same thing is happening to me! Did these suggestions helped you? Did they solved your problem?

Thanks!

Someone it's using my account as well..did not change any peronal detail but I can still see, recentley played songs not belonging to me
It seems to be a frequent and common problem in the last period...time to switch to another music service???

has anybody got any further as to why this can occur now? we are having same problem... we have a family account ith me and my partner, and when he is at work, he is getting someone else kicking him off and adding terrible music s well!

I'm having the same issue!

Recently, i've noticed some weird and terrible songs popping up on my "recently played" list. 

I log with facebook with 2-factor authentication so i really doubt my account has been hacked...

Mine has been being used for about to years, I used to just get the sign in link to my email to sign in, though I never signed out really, then I was coneccting shazam to it it and my Amazon account and I have all this stuff going on.

Suggested posts