Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Someone hacked my account

Someone hacked my account

I've noticed that someone named 'Alejo' has hacked into my Spotify Premium account, is creating playlists and listening to terrible music (which is maybe the most annoying part).

When I tried to change the password, I noticed that he changed my email address by one character as well as the password. This means that I'm not able to reset the password because Spotify needs the old password to change to the new one.

I'm still able to log in via Facebook, but can't find a way to get rid of this guy.

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

3 Replies

Hey @user-removed

Sorry to hear your account was hacked.

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

With this alternative contact form you will be able to manually enter your account details and enter an email address in which Spotify can reply to you at so the hacker does not get the reply email.

https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-anonymous/

Make sure you are logged out of any Spotify account when using the contact form or the username and email field will not show up. It is important so that you can enter the information of the account you are having trouble with and enter a preferred contact email. If you are logged in with a different account that is not having the problem, that account info will be used and support will be confused.

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Same person hacked my account too but luckily I saved my account in time.
Where can I contact someone from Spotify about this, because I found out it is a network that sells accounts for 5 dollars (so they let people use hacked accounts for halve the price and earn money of multiple people on 1 account).

There are multiple "Alejo" accounts that are part of this fraudulent business and I attached an example of one of them with the advertisement they show (in their follower tabs you find more Alejo accounts)

this is one of them for reference (eventhough this one doesnt have adds itself, its followers do)
https://open.spotify.com/user/hpkjbe46h2uc4381di457kp8v?si=fZ7UbpOPRGG01kfBMeF0YQ 

Schermafbeelding 2019-11-18 om 11.29.25.png

Hey there @user-removed,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

First, if you suspect that someone may have gained access to your account, we'd recommend making sure to follow all the steps listed in this support site article, including reaching out to us. This way, a member of our support team can take a look behind the scenes for you.

Keep in mind that if you notice anything similar in a playlist cover, you can always report it to us following the steps here. Keep in mind that we take such report seriously. While we're unable to respond directly to each individual report, we will use our discretion and remove any content deemed inappropriate.

Let us know how you get on! Don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts