Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotiamb 0.2.1 is ruining spotify. Unless fixed I'm going to unsubscribe!

Spotiamb 0.2.1 is ruining spotify. Unless fixed I'm going to unsubscribe!

I am adding my issue to the numerous others I see on this search who haven't be able to stop Spotiamb from taking over their account to play weird music. Is anyone at spotify going to actually address this problem (that seems to have been going on since 2015)? Yes, I have done everything listed in the solution tagged threads including:

1. logging out of spotify for all devices from my account page 
  2. changing my facebook password (linked to spotify)
  3. logging out of facebook on all devices from facebook
  4. logging back into facebook
  5. logging back into spotify (via facebook button)

I've done this list twice now with robust passwords each time, and within 10 minutes the spotiamb connected device comes back and interrupts my listening. I've also removed all app access from my spotify account, and disconnected all offline devices. I'm hoping to get a response from spotify regarding this issue soon or I will be cancelling my premium subsciption. It's a little concerning that someone can so easily access my account that includes my credit card information, plus it makes it impossible to even listen to music when it's constantly paused or interrrupted with garbage ambient music.

1 Reply

Hey @sonographer1988

The best course of action when something like that happens is to create a new account with a different email address from the one you're using (Tip: don't use the one you use for Facebook). That will give you a different Spotify username.

Once you have this new account, fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you migrate your Premium privileges, library, playlists, friends, etc. to this new account.

Connected devices (and apps) stay with the old account, so you'll have a fresh start without them.

Hope it helps. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts