Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Premium in Romania ?

Solved!

Spotify Premium in Romania ?

Users in Austria, Belgium, Estonia, Germany, Greece, Italy, Poland, Portugal, Romania and Switzerland can use Spotify, but only under the Premium service.

Firstly,I couldn't sign up in any way with me being from Romania,so I created a free account with a proxy and now I'm trying to buy a Premium subscription.I have read that I need the account to be set the same country as the credit card for the transaction to work.I have closed the proxy and I can't select Romania.

So,I was wondering if the feature is really still avaiable and if there is any way to use Spotify in Romania with a premium service.

68 Replies

Hi, 

Do you have more visibility on the launch of Spotify in Romania ? Because for the moment i'm forced to use Deezer and this website is hell on earth... 

Best regards,

Swedish expat 

Peter, do you know anything about the Romanian laws ?

The problem is with our licensing and with our music industry ?

Unfortunately I don't know anymore than you guys at this time. With Romania part of the EU now though, I am hopeful it will be added to Spotify in the future!

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi,

I have just one question. I'm living in Sweden and I have a Spotify Premium Subscription. I want to offer my nephew, which is living in Romania a Spotify Premium Subscripstion as well. If I will pay it from Sweden, will he be able to use it on his devices in Romania without any problem? 

Thank you! 

Marked as solution

If the account is funded by a Swedish payment card then yes, he will be able to use his "Swedish" account anywhere in the world, including Romania. From your point of view, it would probably be safest to create the account yourself then pass the login information to him rather than sharing your credit card details with him.

he should be. the paid subscription is theoretically can be used anywhere. i also pay my spotify with cred card issued in Finland, but use the service in Romania.

Super! Thanks a lot! I just fount the perfect present for him 🙂

He'll be the envy of all his friends 🙂

I have a rather different problem. I'm living in the Netherlands for two years now but I'm still lacking a Dutch credit card. Applied for a credit card here 5-6 times, all got rejected. Apparently I haven't been living long enough here.

As a direct result, I'm unable to buy spotify premium because my old credit cards (all issued by ING Romania) are not allowed as purchase method.

Probably will have to buy a giftcard and renew it every month or so.

@user-removed - Yup, gift cards will be the easiest way. Unfortunately you do need a payment method from the Netherlands to set up a recurring subscription there.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

A very odd thing happened. Last year my CC expired, and so my sub. I updated my details but wasn't able to resub. I mailed support and they told me I was able to upgrade to premium via a system error. But here's the funny part. I saw there was a facebook page apparently official that said that Spotify was launching in Romania this year in March. That ship has sailed. April came and I checked again. launch date changed to April 2015. I come back to the website, try my CC to upgrade, and it works ! I have a premium account. Now however, I check back and the Spotify Romania facebook page is gone. The only pages showing up are the official spotify pages. When I contacted support way back when, she told me that indeed, Spotify were planning on launching in ROmania this year. She couldn't say when though. Now I'm in this fuzzt bubble of questionmarks without any ideea what's going on. Anyone else having more information on the subject ? I would really appreciate some clarity on the subject. Plus I don't really understand why the hush-hush on the whole thing. It's just a darn music service, it's not MI6 or CIA.

Photoshop Guru, UI Designer

I have launched a new idea that deals with Spotify launching in Romania too, if you want to support it, please kudo it here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Launch-Spotify-in-Romania/idc-p/1149724#M38465
Photoshop Guru, UI Designer

I will be in Romania for the month of August, and just upgraded my Spotify account to Premium from the USA.  I want to listen to my playlists while I am there.  Do I need to do anything to get Spotify on my phone and PC while I am there?  Is my only optionto get my playlists offline?

You can use it, just make sure that you have the app installed on your device before leaving USA 🙂 I also have it paid from Finland, the premium subscription and it works online on Pc, phone and iPad, so you should have no problems until you pay with a credit card issues in a country where there actually is spotify!

Can I download the app in the USA and install it in Romaina?  I may want to add it to a friend's PC while I am there, since I am not sure I will be able to connect to their network with my PC.

if it's PC then you can also download here, you just have to login with your own credentials and will see just about the same page structure than in the US. 

on phone you can install here too, if you leave your store/phone location settings set for US, and don't change it in romania, to me at least it did the trick 😉 

After 4 years, we're still waiting for Spotify to be launched in Romania. I've found this which shines a light over a few reasons we can't have Spotify here yet : 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Romania/comments/2pto1r/eli5_de_ce_nu_putem_avea_servicii_de_muzica_in_ro/

However, a few users say that there aren't many people who'd want to pay for subscriptions, hence we don't have as many concerts with international singers. But I'm curious... we have  music festivals (Electric Castle, untold) where people are crowding to get a ticket. So I say that the same people would also want to actually *pay* for a sub to Spotify. Including me. I'm still waiting to pay for Spotify. I'm eager for a lifetime subscription, actually. I don't like the other music streaming services. Spotify is quality and I want quality. 😞 

Some leaks suggests that Spotify will come to Romania on 19 of october. It also launched in Thailand few days ago, so maybe...

https://open.spotify.com/user/edkode

Ok, it's official. When you go on spotify.com, it doesn't say 'Spotify in not available in your country' anymore. Also, there an 'Change country to Romania' when you try to subscribe using a Romanian issued card. It's just a matter of days until Spotify will officially announce something.

https://open.spotify.com/user/edkode
fnmAAUr.png
Marked as solution

Spotify will be available in Romania from November 28th - https://www.stefanblog.com/2017/03/spotify-romania.html

Suggested posts