Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Spotify] Spotify on Different Android Devices with Same login id.

[Spotify] Spotify on Different Android Devices with Same login id.

Plan

Free

Country

India

Device

redmi note 8 pro, redmi 10

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

I tried to sign in Spotify with same accounts on different devices, I found that when I am playing a song in one device let's say it Device1, (other device)Device2 with same login automatically starts to run this application in Background, and if I try to pause the song from Device2, song playing in Device1 stops. 

Ideally if I am not using Spotify on Device 2, it should not be running the spotify service in background also. 

As per my understanding there should not be any device dependancy if user logs in with same account on multiple devices. This hampers the user's seamless experience. Kindly look into this issue. 

Thanks, 

Shruti Ojha

2 Replies

Hey @Shrutiojha,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

When you start playback on Device1 and the app is not running or active on Device2, the app on Device2 shouldn't start. If this is the case, it's possible, that you've picked Device2 as playback device from the Connect picker. Check it and make sure to select Device1 for every time you want to play music on Device1.

The playback devices you're using your account on are connected through Connect and it is possible to navigate the playback on one device from another. This will explain the pausing when pressing the pause button.

Did we understand you correctly? If not, you can also post some screenshots for better description.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi @Dian,

Thanks for your reply and you have understood my point clearly. 

My concern is even when I have not connected any device as the playback device, I'm able to see Spotify service running in background in the other device with same login.

I will try attach a video soon so that I can make my point a bit clear.

Thanks.

Suggested posts