Spotify adding random songs to playlist

Solved!
Highlighted

Spotify adding random songs to playlist

Jansither
Casual Listener

Is there any way to disable this feature?  I don't have a premium account, but I was testing out Spotify to see if I would sub here since I'm not liking YouTube Music.

Spotify added like 15 Robin Schulz songs to my playlist.  If I wanted to listen to discount David Guetta, I'd add him to my playlist myself.  I've been removing them as they play, but apparently removing the song from the playlist counts as a skip, so now I'm stuck listening to his trash instead of the songs (which are nothing like Schulz's genre) that I added to MY playlist.

Again - any way to disable this?  Not really great to be forcibly greeted with music I don't remotely like and then running out of skips while trying to remove them, especially when I'm trying to consider subscribing for the service.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Spotify adding random songs to playlist

Rock Star 11
Rock Star 11

Hey there! Thanks for reaching out.

To make the music you love easier to find, you get suggested tracks and artists for your playlists as you create and edit them. The more you listen, the better your suggestions will be. Just look out for YOU ADDED and WE ADDED. Unfortunately, it's not possible to change this unless you upgrade to Spotify Premium here. Note you can use the 30 day trial if you want to decide whether to purchase a subscription :)

Hope this helps and have a nice day.

Jose_MRock Star 11
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Solution!

Rock Star 11
Rock Star 11

Hey there! Thanks for reaching out.

To make the music you love easier to find, you get suggested tracks and artists for your playlists as you create and edit them. The more you listen, the better your suggestions will be. Just look out for YOU ADDED and WE ADDED. Unfortunately, it's not possible to change this unless you upgrade to Spotify Premium here. Note you can use the 30 day trial if you want to decide whether to purchase a subscription :)

Hope this helps and have a nice day.

Jose_MRock Star 11

View solution in original post

wngarbi
Regular

Follow these steps:

Settings > Autoplay > Disable 

Jansither
Casual Listener

Thanks, but autoplay isn't the problem, it's the fact that they are adding garbage music to my playlists and eatnig my skips.

Very disappointed to see that this is only able to be disabled if you have premium.  Thank you, though.

Rock Star 11
Rock Star 11

Hey @Jansither!

I'm glad to hear my reply helped you clear things up. Make sure to let me know if you have any other questions and have a nice day :)

Jose_MRock Star 11
Back-to-the-music500px.gif

zacharyaddi
Regular

try emailing the help system

sheilawalton
Visitor

This solution does not actually work. I've turned it off and I have a premium account. I'm so angry about this. If I want to listen to Kenny G, then I would. But, I don't. Please fix this issue.

Hey there @sheilawalton,

Thanks for reaching out! That's not cool , so let's see what we can do.

To which playlists does that happen - is this a playlist created by you or by us? What's the exact name of the playlist?

Let us know :) 

PetyaModerator

SUGGESTED POSTS