Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify automatically adding random playlists and playing songs when I'm not using the app

Spotify automatically adding random playlists and playing songs when I'm not using the app

Plan

Premium

Country

Brazil

Operating System

Windows 7/Windows 10 (cellphone)

My Question or Issue

The same spotify playlists keep being added (Pop, Rock, Eletronic, etc), and also a custom 400-songs playlist that says it was made by me. I've deleted this 400-songs playlist many times, but it always reappears.

The worst part is that reggaeton/latino songs like those from this playlist keep getting scrobbles on my last.fm, on days I haven't used spotify, it doesn't look like someone else's been using my account (have changed the pw already), but rather that it's automatically being used to give scrobbles to those songs or something like that.

If you pay attention to the last.fm scrobbles, they're always played in around one hour span, and around 5 to 20 songs whenever it happens, it doesn't look like human behaviour.

Also, I have unlogged all apps/devices registred on the website settings. But all of them are mine, there's no 'outsider' device registred at least

spotify3.jpg
1 Reply

Hi there!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. No worries though, I'll be here to help 🙂

Sounds like someone else may have gained access to your Spotify account. I'd recommend checking out this Support article for the next steps to take.

Make sure to let me know if that still happens after you followed those steps. Have a nice day!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts