Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify doesn't recognize I have premium.

Solved!

Spotify doesn't recognize I have premium.

I just purchased premium earlier this week but I am having trouble syncing all my playlist on my Ipod. only some of my playlist are showing up on my ipod and for the ones that do show up, most of them are missing a lot of songs that  I have recently added to them. I've tried logging in and out and that doesn't work, and when I try to make a playlist available offline from my computer it says that I need a premium account to be able to do that, but I do have one.

115 Replies

@Charleslives wrote:

Yeah, I'm an android user. I had premium, but when my card expired, my payments didn't go through. I just set it all back up and it says I am a premium user, but my phone still isn't recognizing it. 

Have you tried the steps in the post I linked to above?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I fixed mine: I close the Android app (REALLY close it, from the task manager), then disabled wi-fi, restarted wi-fi then started the app again, immediately showed in the PC.

Hope it helps.

That worked for me. I deleted my free Spotify app on my ipad and then went back to the app store and it had the cloud image next to the Spotify app. I downloaded the app again and it recognizes my premium account now. Thank you for that suggestion!

this is kind of a bad sign when these were all posted a year ago and I still am having the same issue 😕  I have premium on my phone, and I want to change the name of one of my playlists (which is weird that you can't do that with this technology first off) and when I log on on my Windows computer through my Facebook credentials, it doesn't recognize that I have it. Ah, Spotify Premium is in my opinion the best option out there for music as of right now, but there are some serious bugs that need some troubleshooting!!

@richelle wrote:

this is kind of a bad sign when these were all posted a year ago and I still am having the same issue 😕  I have premium on my phone, and I want to change the name of one of my playlists (which is weird that you can't do that with this technology first off) and when I log on on my Windows computer through my Facebook credentials, it doesn't recognize that I have it. Ah, Spotify Premium is in my opinion the best option out there for music as of right now, but there are some serious bugs that need some troubleshooting!!

Are you sure you are logging in using the correct details? It sounds like your accessing another account. Do all of your playlists show on the desktop version?

Peter

Peter

Have been using spotify premium for a while now but it has stopped working? Have tried to buy it again but it's telling me I am not logged in??? Can you help!!

If you are logging into your account, are all of your playlists still showing?

Peter

Peter

Yes they do. I have logged in and out of spotify and Facebook but its still saying the same thing???

@Moraybhoy wrote:
Yes they do. I have logged in and out of spotify and Facebook but its still saying the same thing???

What does your subscription status on your online overview say? 

If a payment failed you will have got an email too, so check your inbox and spam/junk folders.

Peter

Peter

Not on my phone the playlists are now all empty??

It's saying my subscription status is using the free spotify and its encouraging me to buy either the unlimited or the premium.

From looking at our system I can see that the latest payment attempts on your account have been unsuccessful. This is the reason your account has now reverted back to the free service. Please update your payment details and try resubscribing here.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

I started the free trial this morning to see if it was going to be worth the $9.99 a month. I have recently started using Spotify a ton so I gave the trial a go. Still isn't recognizing my account as premium at all though. Does it take 24hrs to get started?

Hi @Godsfire! Welcome to the Spotify Community!

It shouldn't take more than an hour for the subscription status to synchronize across your devices. Have you tried logging out and logging back in? Have you also tried re-installing a fresh copy of the software?
Spotify on!
Mikey

Spotify | Twitter

Did you like this post? Please add kudos below!
Did this post solve your issue? Accept it as a solution below!

I have done both, actually. Reinstalling was my first move after beginning the trial, it just seemed logical. However, it's the same. I'll give it some more time.

Hi again @Godsfire!

If it doesn't come up soon, you can follow-up with the Spotify Team via this form.

Spotify on!
Mikey

Spotify | Twitter

Did you like this post? Please add kudos below!
Did this post solve your issue? Accept it as a solution below!

Godsfire - Try logging out and in, it should work now.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

All set, thank you very much.

Please help me too, I have the same problem. I bought a spotify premium gift card and chosed 3 premium months. I have activated the code, and on overview it says that I have spotify premium. But my spotify doesn't change to that and not on my phone either! 

@emelieholmgren wrote:

Please help me too, I have the same problem. I bought a spotify premium gift card and chosed 3 premium months. I have activated the code, and on overview it says that I have spotify premium. But my spotify doesn't change to that and not on my phone either! 

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

Have you tried the steps in this post?

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts