Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify duo see the same home speakers as account managers

Spotify duo see the same home speakers as account managers

We have Spotify Duo, and I can't seem to find the same home speakers as my partner. We have an Alexa upstairs and downstairs, however, if I want to use them they don't appear in my Spotify connect. Would it be possible for the speakers seen by the managers account to be seen by the other partner in the duo plan? Is this a limitation on the Alexa devices only being able to have one account linked or is it something that can be fixed by a software update via the Spotify app?

4 Replies

Hi @Owspritchard97,

Have you tried restarting your devices and your router?

If so, the next step would be to reinstall the program on the device that is not showing the speakers. Some issues are just bugs that resolve after reinstallation.

Hope this helps!
Let me know how it goes. 😄

Regards,

BK

Find this helpful? Click the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find this thread and solve similar problems!

Hi there @Owspritchard97,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

Alexa home speakers can only have one Spotify account linked to one Amazon account running on them. If you'd like to be able to play music and discover the speakers, you'd need to link your Spotify account to another Amazon account on the speakers. Then both you and your partner should be able to see and connect to the speakers then. 

Hope this info helps. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have more questions. We're always a click away 🙂

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Same issue here, and I don't get the explanation above. Why does it even not work if both devices use the same amazon account in their Alexa app, as we do? Makes no sense for me.

Hey @Stefan14,

Thanks for posting here.

Currently one Spotify account can be linked to one Amazon account. That account can control the music with voice commands on the Alexa.

Your family member can still play their favorite jams on Alexa via Connect. Here you can find more information about it.

You can also get in touch with Amazon. The folks there can give you more information about the number of accounts you can add and how to proceed further. 

The Community is here for you if there's anything else!

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts