Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify friends activity empty/not updating

Solved!

Spotify friends activity empty/not updating

Plan

Premium

Country

Finland

Device

Pc

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

For several months (pretty much years at this point), my Spotify friends feed has not been updating, it only shows 1 friend I have, while it should have a dozen others. This has been going on for far too long for it to be a problem on my end as I have changed my devices, settings, and other things to try and fix it. I have reinstalled Spotify and my OS but nothing helps. I also see no friends through my Facebook integration even after disconnecting and reconnecting my Facebook profile multiple times. All my settings are the same as my friends and he can see his friend activity but I can't. I already posted about this problem once, and was told it would fix itself but that was months ago. This is very infuriating as it has been going for so long.

spotifyhelp.png
spotifyhelp2.png
Top Answer
Loneliest_Cabin
Spotify

We have seen the reports of people saying Friend Feed is not working for them, and we are happy to investigate specific cases, because as far as we are aware, there are no issues with Friend Feed working.

Firstly, it’s important to restate that ALL users had “Share my listening activity on Spotify” turned off as default - so users you followed and saw in your Friend Feed in the past, will no longer show in your Friend Feed, UNLESS they turned “Share my listening activity on Spotify” back on. 

Also worth noting that you don’t need Facebook set up for Friend Feed to work.

Having said that, all of the below must be true for users to show in your Friend Feed:

• You must be following the friend whose activity you want to see.
  • The friend must have enabled the setting to publish their activity:
    • Share my listening activity on Spotify - toggled on.
  • The friend must have played more than 30 seconds of a track on iOS, Android or Desktop in the last 7 days.
  • This can’t be in a Private Session.
  • Also you should both have restarted the App at some point recently.

If all of this is true for you and your friend and they don’t show up in your Friend Feed, then:

• We need you, and the friend you are following, to post here saying you give us permission to check your accounts.
  • We need explicit written permission from both of you.
  • We can't test this with one person's username and permission.  
  • It’s enough to post here, we can find your username based on your Community profile. 

Once we have this we can do some checking. Thanks all.

972 Replies

hello 

my friends activity option hasnt been working i tried everything, the settings on social and display are on and private session is off, i have many followers, i restarted the app, deleted it and waited and downloaded again, its not working so i give you permission to look through my account, my username is "Yaghmour". Hope you can fix it

Hey there,

Thanks for posting in the thread!

@Yaghmour - just to confirm, are you unable to see all of your friends activity, or does some friends activities appear for you? Could you also check if they're able to see yours?

You can also try following the Community account in the app to check if it appears in your Friend Activity tab: https://open.spotify.com/user/spotifycommunity.

Let us know how you get on!

MariaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

my friends are able to see my activity but i cant see anyones activity, and also i cant see anyones activity not just a couple of friends. 

Hi @Yaghmour!

I recommend checking with the people you follow if they have Share my listening activity on Spotify also toggled on under Settings > Social, and asking them to restart the app (you can also give it a shot) and play something to see if that would cause the Friend Feed to update - just make sure that they aren't in a Private Session.

If the issue persists, try unfollowing one of your friends then follow them back and restart the app to see if that does the trick.

Cheers 🤘

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

yes my friends do have their sharing activity on and they do see what i listen to as soon as i play something but from my side i can’t see a thing and i give u permission to check it out from my account if ur with spotify 

I follow plenty of friends, but I can't see all of them in the friend activity. I can see around 1/3 of them. I checked with some of my friends if they are hiding their activity, but that is not the case, this feature keeps being dysfunctional for a year or more now, I changed computers between, the issue remains.

Hi,

I think my case is exactly the same of post author.
Can you check my account?
https://open.spotify.com/user/22ugtmpp2t6aqyscfjp636any?si=5b6ea3980ab14b90

Buenas. Tengo un problema similar. Hoy instalo Spotify en mi computadora. A mis amigos si les aparece lo que estoy escuchando yo, pero a mi me sale en actividad de amigos que vaya a configuración. Tengo en las visualizaciones activadas el "Entérate de lo que escuchan tus amigos". En social esta activado el de "compartir lo que estoy escuchando en spotify" y desactivado el de "sesión privada". Ya probé desinstalarlo, y también reiniciarlo cambiando el acelerador de hardware, pero no se resolvió. 

Espero su respuesta, desde ya muchas gracias.

have the same issue for long time i enable sharing but it still tells me to enable even though it is abled so more less at a stand still with it

i dont know

Uso o aplicativo a bastante tempo, e percebi que em meio aos meus amigos consigo visualizar somente 2 deles(tenho mais amigos), e já tentei de tudo. Vi se o problema era o VPN, se a minha opção, e de meus amigos, estava habilitada e nada.
Alguém poderia me ajudar com essa situação?

My social feed has been broken for 2-3 years since I joined my spouse in a Duo plan.  Social sharing is enabled but it shows 0 friends.  Also, what's with Spotify changing the user interface every few months and having different interfaces for mobile and desktop?  Why are new items a bell on desktop (which makes sense) and a lightning bolt (through my slit) on mobile?  

Windows 10

Desktop

Duo

My social feed has been broken for 2-3 years since I joined my spouse in a Duo plan.  Social sharing is enabled but it shows 0 friends.  Also, what's with Spotify changing the user interface every few months and having different interfaces for mobile and desktop?  Why are new items a bell on desktop (which makes sense) and a lightning bolt (through my slit) on mobile?  wth is this even. 

Windows 10

Desktop

Duo

Suggested posts