Premium

Country

Finland

Device

Pc

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

For several months (pretty much years at this point), my Spotify friends feed has not been updating, it only shows 1 friend I have, while it should have a dozen others. This has been going on for far too long for it to be a problem on my end as I have changed my devices, settings, and other things to try and fix it. I have reinstalled Spotify and my OS but nothing helps. I also see no friends through my Facebook integration even after disconnecting and reconnecting my Facebook profile multiple times. All my settings are the same as my friends and he can see his friend activity but I can't. I already posted about this problem once, and was told it would fix itself but that was months ago. This is very infuriating as it has been going for so long.

spotifyhelp.png
spotifyhelp2.png
Top Answer
Loneliest_Cabin
Spotify

We have seen the reports of people saying Friend Feed is not working for them, and we are happy to investigate specific cases, because as far as we are aware, there are no issues with Friend Feed working.

Firstly, it’s important to restate that ALL users had “Share my listening activity on Spotify” turned off as default - so users you followed and saw in your Friend Feed in the past, will no longer show in your Friend Feed, UNLESS they turned “Share my listening activity on Spotify” back on. 

Also worth noting that you don’t need Facebook set up for Friend Feed to work.

Having said that, all of the below must be true for users to show in your Friend Feed:

• You must be following the friend whose activity you want to see.
  • The friend must have enabled the setting to publish their activity:
    • Share my listening activity on Spotify - toggled on.
  • The friend must have played more than 30 seconds of a track on iOS, Android or Desktop in the last 7 days.
  • This can’t be in a Private Session.
  • Also you should both have restarted the App at some point recently.

If all of this is true for you and your friend and they don’t show up in your Friend Feed, then:

• We need you, and the friend you are following, to post here saying you give us permission to check your accounts.
  • We need explicit written permission from both of you.
  • We can't test this with one person's username and permission.  
  • It’s enough to post here, we can find your username based on your Community profile. 

Once we have this we can do some checking. Thanks all.

956 Replies

I have the same issue - Super annoying . .. . 

Would be nice. Please and thank you. 

Everytime I click on the Friends Activity icon in the top right on the PC Spotify app, the icon just moves to the right slightly but the actual friends activity tab does not appear. I've logged out multiple times, toggled the setting on and off and clean reinstalled as well, and nothing fixes the issue. I even tried logging into my account on another PC and the friends activity still does not show, even though other accounts work fine. In addition, my account is no longer visible on my friends' activity tabs. My Spotify premium subscription is upto date as well so I'm confused if my account is somehow restricted?

Hi there @accrocate,

Thanks for reaching out!

Interesting. I'd recommend switching Hardware acceleration on/off in Settings to see if that does the trick. It's also worth installing Spotify from a different source: if you downloaded the app from our website, this time try the version from the Microsoft Store instead and vice versa. Just make sure to toggle Share my listening activity on Spotify back on from the app's settings.

If the issue persists, please share a short screen recording which captures the described behavior in action so we can take a direct look at what's happening on your end, along with the exact version of Spotify you're running.

As for your followers not seeing your activity, make sure that you're all following the steps mentioned in this reply.

Cheers 🤘

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I've been experiencing the same problem since 2021 and I tried everything to get it to work but everything fail 😞

First of all, I tried multiple times to reinstall, delete the cache and methods like that. I have two different computers and the problem occurs in both of them, so my conclusion is that the problem is with my account! I've been using Spotify with this account for 10 years, am I restricted or something?

Today I tried something to prove further my point. I created another account with a secondary email. As you can see in the next picture, with that second account I can see the activity of my main account

Captura de pantalla 2024-04-19 191615.png

But... If check the activity in my main account, no one appears (not even that new account)

Captura de pantalla 2024-04-19 192826.png

Can you guys help me, please? I've been premium for 4 years by now, and it doesn't seem fair to me not to have this functionality

Hey there I have been having this problem for years now. I can only see one friends activity even tho my other friends have turned the setting on and can see me. I have tried everything uninstall reinstall,logout login, clear the cache its just wont work.I give permission to look into my account and my friend gives his aswell, he will reply.

This is my account i can only see one friend

Ekran görüntüsü 2024-04-20 221115.png

And this is his he can see me but i cant see him

Ekran görüntüsü 2024-04-20 221227.png

Yeah i can see his activity but he cant see mine. Permission granted, you can look into my account too.

I also have the same problem. 

I once was able to check activity but lately its just showing the info to activate the option of sharing activity but its already on

Plan

Premium

Country

England

Device

Samsung Laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

People on Spotify can't see what I'm listening to on the app itself but it works for other apps like discord and I have the setting saying people can see (under social saying 'Share my listening activity on Spotify') is turned on and even if I refresh or check other accounts it wont appear and I don't know what to do at this point

Hey @aimRe & @ehes,

As requested we took a look at your profiles and found out that the issue stems from the profile of @ehes, as we followed you both and the profile of @aimRe was visible in the Friend Feed for us as well.

Keep in mind that, as outlined in this thread's solution, all of the below must be true for users to show in the Friend Feed:

• The friend must have enabled the setting to publish their activity.
  • The friend must have played more than 30 seconds of a track on iOS, Android or Desktop in the last 7 days.
  • This can’t be in a Private Session.
  • Also you should both have restarted the App at some point recently.

@ehes could you confirm the above criteria is being fully met on your end, please?
Many thanks; we'll be on the lookout!

VasilModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

@Vasil can you please support with my request? I have been a premium customer for the last 10 years more or less and all necessary services included should work.

Well, its actually fixed but not fully. I still have 5 other friends that wont show up on friends activity. I cant ask for them to comment here and give permission to look into their account thats just ridiculous. If you can fix this from just my account can you please do that. Thank you for helping!

Ekran görüntüsü 2024-04-26 171821.png

Hey!

@nord_a we would love to help you here. In all our research so far we try to locate an issue with the feature which causes users not to see all their friends despite both of them meeting all the requirements.

As you can see in earlier comments we are asking people get one of the friends they are not able to see and make sure that both of them have checked all the things listed in the floated reply in this thread. Everyone should keep in mind that these things should be enabled and checked for both you as the user and your friend. If you get a friend of yours to give us permission to check your accounts and send us screenshots of all enabled setting for both of you, we will take a closer look!

@aimRe awesome to hear it works now. When we checked your profiles we weren't able to see @ehes and we needed their confirmation that all requirements are met in the form of screenshots before we could pass your case to the correct team, so we can confirm no changes have been made to your accounts. With this we recommend that sending this list to your other 5 friends which should help solve this:

• The friend must have enabled the setting to publish their activity.
  • The friend must have played more than 30 seconds of a track on iOS, Android or Desktop in the last 7 days. This can’t be in a Private Session.
  • Also you should both have restarted the app at some point recently.

Cheers!

ElenaModerator

Hi Elena,

Thanks for the elaborated response. Since I have this issue with everyone but the 5 I followed probably around 2015 I thought another solution was to look for. However, I and one friend have enabled everything. @agneßa is her username and she will respond and allow you to check as well. 

I allow you do to whatever you want to fix this as I want to see my friends (in plural) activity.

Thanks,

Andreas

Screenshot_20240428-145353.png

Hi Elena! 

I’m Agnesa and i’m friends with @a_nord. We both did everything that was required, however, he can still not see my activity on spotify. My spotify is: @agneßa. 

Thanks @nord_a and @agnesa!

I've now followed both of you and I can only see Andreas, which means that all is in order with your account @nord_a. Also you have some really cool playlists 😄 

@agnesa can you send us the same screenshot of your settings as Andreas has - showing that you have Listening activity toggled on, private session is off, recently played artists is on, etc - all the requirements I mentioned above. And if you could include a screenshot of the now playing view of a song that you're playing outside of a Private session would be great. 

I really appreciate your cooperation here folks! Thank you!

ElenaModerator

hi Elena,

yes, here is the screenshot (it’s in german but you can see that private session is off, listening activity is on and recently played artist is on as well).

IMG_7794.jpg

Suggested posts